Mr. Football 3a and 4a

http://murphyfair.co...1,46,Touchdowns. Looks like CYork is 2nd all time single season with 48td's.I say he will finish tied or just might break the record Friday. I doubt anyone has his numbers. And yes he does play a weak schedule, but these number are impresive no matter who you play. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I know statistics play a large roll in a voter's decision, but I hope they are intuitive enough to recognize players from Fulton (Hawkins & Rollins Davis), Greeneville (Finchum), and likely other programs are playing 2 & 3 quarters of football compared to others playing a full game with twice the amount of snaps. A program that runs the ball through one player 30+ snaps a game is going to accumulate a lot of statistical yards at 3 & 4 yards a carry but is not the same skilled athlete as another who touches the ball 10-15 times yet averages over 12 yards a carry. Same with receiving and passing… Statistics are valid but easily misinterpreted when you look at the quantity verses the quality. This vote usually has some regional bias… hard to convince someone to vote for someone they have never seen.

Most voters who watch high school football know who is special and who is not without stats.  Most know that the great players don't play into the second half, so sometimes the stats cannot be the ruling factor.

I still say Conner York Upperman. 1589 passing, 1687 rushing, 48 td's on a 9-0 team that hasnt played much in the 4th quater. Leads state in scoring and yards from scrimmage.

He sounds impressive... how may quarters does he play?

Connor has played in a lot more quarters than anyone else being mentioned for Mr. Football.  He has scored at least 10 TD's after the running clock was applied.  He is a very talented player, but everyone sees how bad they want it.  They should do things the right way and it probably would come to them.  Those 70 yard runs against 2nd team don't look good to opposing coaches.

Most voters who watch high school football know who is special and who is not without stats.  Most know that the great players don't play into the second half, so sometimes the stats cannot be the ruling factor.

Connor has played in a lot more quarters than anyone else being mentioned for Mr. Football.  He has scored at least 10 TD's after the running clock was applied.  He is a very talented player, but everyone sees how bad they want it.  They should do things the right way and it probably would come to them.  Those 70 yard runs against 2nd team don't look good to opposing coaches.

+1

Those long runs are against first teams. I can 1000% guarantee that.

They might be but when you score your 6th TD in the 4TH qtr and your already ahead by 42 that's not as impressive if you do it in a 42 - 47 ball game! Most coaches that have a great player isn't going to leave their star in and run the score up!

Edited by alltime

"Special" and "exciting"....#15 Kenton Baker - Giles County :ugeek:

All Giles non-region games have been against higher division or a private this year. Greeneville knows him from their 2011 run.. When your playing Giles coaches will tell you the first thing you do is find #15. A special player and one of the most modest young men I have ever been around. He may not win it but he should be on the stage. :ugeek: