DB vs Tennessee High

I will say this ,if THS has a shot in going deep in the playoffs in 5A then, 5A is really weak. This years DB team is way down and everyone that's not living under a rock knows it. Cap you say what you want but if Casey would have been 100% the whole game DB would have won by 2 TD's. You can also run your mouth about 6a vs 5a but it doesn't hold water. I played against Bristol the whole time I was growing up and if they have a chance to run the score up on a smaller school they will. The Vikings got beat simple as that. Suck it up!

THS is down as well.  Like DB they have a few good players, but THS has a lot of young ones playing.  The thing is, the seniors they do lose are some good ones. It'll hurt losing some of them next year, but hopefully they can make do.

Edited by THSVikings2004

There were a few calls or lack thereof, that I believe should've went the other way, but any fan can say the same in nearly every game that's played.  I'm not gonna look back on this game thinking that anyone was robbed, but look back and think that it was a great game played down to the wire.  These losses, in my opinion hurt worse than 42-14 losses, but hopefully THS will benefit from this game. The players need to focus on Boone because they need to win that game in order to see the playoffs.

And I also don't look at it as, "You're lucky you caught DB in a down year."  NET as a whole looks down in my opinion.  Haven't seen Greeneville.  Each team has few good players, but I really haven't been impressed with any team in the area this year in regard to their chances in the playoffs.

I'll agree that the area is down as a whole .4A is by far the strongest compared to the rest of Tennessee's 4A teams and probably is  the strongest 4A area in the state.Fulton down in Knoxville has been called the best public school team in any class by a lot of fans,but when you look at Greeneville-South and Elizabethton ,that's pretty strong.In NET right now,it's not close .Greeneville is probably three to five touchdowns better then the next best team,and that's just how I see it.

but hopefully THS will benefit from this game. The players need to focus on Boone because they need to win that game in order to see the playoffs.

Why?   Boone will go to the castle and go thru the motions of playing the game, but the truth is they are already defeated before even walking onto the field.    I have seen Boone just lay down and quit against Elizabethton, South and Greeneville this year.    It will be no different next week, Boone is in a death spiral.     Rest your starters for the playoffs, this one is already over.

The real answer is... our offensive coordinator tends to call plays to not lose more so than he calls them to win. When we play teams like Central and Virginia High he lets the hands go, but when we play a worthy opponent he tends to sit on our offense. And to be honest (IMO) our QBs reluctancy to share the spotlight with Mitchell doesn't help. To be honest... If I were Adam I would have an up close and personal talk with Henley given the number of times he looks him off and tucks and runs during a game. One of these days Henley will learn that Mitchell is the reason he is in the conversation and reward him accordingly. I'm only saying what EVERY Viking fan is thinking. There were no two players in db's secondary that could cover Mitchell. And Clark could have run past any one of db's defenders in one on one coverage. But our O coordinator is simply scared to fail... and that holds us back. I think he should flip his thinking and target Mitchell till they stop him. Mitchell demands the attention of two or three defenders which will open up the run for King. Anyone that has followed this team knows that if you put the ball within reach of Mitchell you have a better the 50/50 chance on him making the play regardless of the coverage. Wally is just scared to fail. That is the story of his career.  ^_^

The stats are pretty convincing...out rushed, out passed, gifted with 2 TOs, the refs ran precious seconds off the clock on the game winning drive. Give the DB players some credit, they drove the field with virtually no time or timeouts and won the game. It wasn't pretty but they outplayed THS and deserved the W.

Why aren't you coaching or reffing...or both at the same time? It's obvious by your long winded responses to both the refs and coaches that this has you torn up and you obviously know more than anybody else on the sidelines or in pin stripes or on coacht! Good grief...grab your paci and blankly and take a nap. It's always easy to blame somebody else for our shortcomings...kind of represents where we stand as a nation. Goodness, it's just a high school football game.

• Upvote 1

Why?   Boone will go to the castle and go thru the motions of playing the game, but the truth is they are already defeated before even walking onto the field.    I have seen Boone just lay down and quit against Elizabethton, South and Greeneville this year.    It will be no different next week, Boone is in a death spiral.     Rest your starters for the playoffs, this one is already over.

Boone is in the same spot as THS.  They know they need to win more than 5 games to surely make the playoffs.

The stats are pretty convincing...out rushed, out passed, gifted with 2 TOs, the refs ran precious seconds off the clock on the game winning drive. Give the DB players some credit, they drove the field with virtually no time or timeouts and won the game. It wasn't pretty but they outplayed THS and deserved the W.

Why aren't you coaching or reffing...or both at the same time? It's obvious by your long winded responses to both the refs and coaches that this has you torn up and you obviously know more than anybody else on the sidelines or in pin stripes or on coacht! Good grief...grab your paci and blankly and take a nap. It's always easy to blame somebody else for our shortcomings...kind of represents where we stand as a nation. Goodness, it's just a high school football game.

I wish I had time.... Maybe later big boy...

Edited by Cap1

I wish I had time.... Maybe later big boy...

Nobody mind CRAP1 and his long winded rants on here! I personally have been there and done the referee thing with him on a THS playoff loss in the past. They did call this, didn' call that, should of seen this one, did see that one but for the wrong team!! JEEZ CRAP1 get a life and realize that your team gets beat sometime and that you have to take it like a man (if thats possible for you). Perhaps you should go visit the players on monday and see how they and their coaches have moved on to next week and learn a life lesson.

THS is down as well.  Like DB they have a few good players, but THS has a lot of young ones playing.  The thing is, the seniors they do lose are some good ones. It'll hurt losing some of them next year, but hopefully they can make do.

I think your right THS the days of Daggs and Rocky Clay are gone and for upper East Tn as a whole to have several really good players on the field at one time is increasingly harder to find. I think the Vikings had good play from the line on both sides of the ball. Just putting it all together takes time.

I think your right THS the days of Daggs and Rocky Clay are gone and for upper East Tn as a whole to have several really good players on the field at one time is increasingly harder to find. I think the Vikings had good play from the line on both sides of the ball. Just putting it all together takes time.

I would love for THS to have another Todd Daggs.  :mrgreen:

Boone is in the same spot as THS.  They know they need to win more than 5 games to surely make the playoffs.

But that is the difference, THS wants to win, Boone doesn't.    And we're talking players here, not the coaches, but it is what it is.....    So congratulations on the win next week, hope you represent the Tri-cities well in 5A playoffs just like last year

It is what it is...nobody to blame but themselves. Shouldn't have given up a 60 yrd td with 7;00 min  and most certainly not a 70 yard drive with  just 2:00 left, So not going to blame the refs for that one ...BUT!!!..to get a completion with a knee on the ground after the back judge had already spotted him down ...just a little too convenient for my taste. But oh well... on to Boone.