Who won District 3

K2ruth

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karns beat Oak ridge in 4 in the semi finals. Clinton beat Halls in 3. Karns beat Clinton in 3 in the championship.  It was a great match, but we just couldnt close the deal.  We would drop a few points in a row right when we didnt need to and just couldnt pull it off.

I suppose Karns will be playing Farragut and Clinton will be playing Bearden in regionals.

Lyric Muncy got Tournament MVP.  We are very proud of her.

Go Dragons!

First, Congratulations to Karns! They beat us and deserved to win. This is not an excuse, but we had a five game war with Anderson County the night before that went late. We didn't get home until eleven and I think we were tired.

Second, Clinton's coach should be ashamed, on multiple levels. She changed the bracket after the coaches approved it and put all of the hard teams on Karns side, she cheated on the seeding, and then rigged the all tournament for her team. I love Lyric, but when does the MVP come from the team that gets beat 3-0 in the finals.

Their season is done. What a great message to send to the girls "Coach". You are a real winner.

Congratulations to Karns! Congratulations to Lyric! They will have their hands full in Regions.

As usual, more excuses from orcat. Karns beat everyone except AC in regular season and Clinton only lost to Karns and Halls during regular season. I dont know how brackets are made but seems like to top teams made it to the finals.

Good luck to everyone!

Club, according to coach Foster the Clinton Coach presented a different bracket last Thursday at the district meeting. In that bracket we would have played Halls in the semis and Clinton would have played Karns in he Semis. That was what was agreed upon.

The Clinton coach then flipped it after it was approved so she would play Halls, a much weaker team. And we played Karns. There were multiple teams with two losses. OR and Karns should have been opposite, and in the bracket voted on were opposite.

Why should OR be opposite Karns in the bracket? From what I have been told, Karns was 7-1 with a loss to AC, Clinton was 6-2 with wins over OR and AC, OR was 6-2 with losses to Clinton and Karns, AC was 6-2 with losses to Clinton and OR, Halls was 5-3 with losses to Karns, OR, and AC but a win over Clinton. If all that is correct, then it should have been Karns 1st, Clinton 2nd, OR 3rd, AC 4th, Halls 5th and so on. I would expect Karns and Clinton to be opposite, and the others to be ranked accordingly.

I dont believe that the Clinton coach just up and changed the bracket on her own and get by with it. Sounds like people are mad after the fact. Karns and Clinton played in the finals like it should have been if the wins and losses I said are correct.

Actually Clinton was 3rd for some reason and Halls was 2nd.  I think we should have be 2nd because Halls had at least 3 losses but 2nd and 3rd were in the same half of the bracket so it would not have mattered.  I guess it was set up for rematches before getting to the finals.  Clinton had lost to Halls in the season, so we needed to get through them before advancing. Oak Ridge had lost to Karns, so they needed to go through them before advancing.

If you look at the bracket, the rankings 1 through 8 were as follows: Top of bracket, bottom, bottom, top, top, bottom, bottom, top.  That is how most brackets are designed, 1st and 4th on one half and 2nd and 3rd on the other half.

I am not going to comment on why I think Lyric deserved tournament MVP even so Clinton lost, but I do agree with it, and we are very proud of the way she played all tournament.

Listen...Its not that hard to figure out brackets. There's the win lose record then there are tie breakers set up (by a TSSAA ruling committee) to figure out the other spots. Any smart human being can figure out who goes where. Its not rocket science for goodness sake. I've said this all along. The district stinks (this year) and it really doesn't matter who comes out. They may beat Farragut or Bearden but they will not advance past that. There was NO cheating what so ever. Every coach in the district knows the records and the tie break rules. The Anderson County coach (for one) would not let the brackets be wrong. If coach Foster let them be wrong then shame on her. She must not be as smart as ORCAT thinks she is.

ORCAT....Your team got spanked. Just face it. No excuses (and they were excuses). Just play volleyball.

orcat = k2ruth

proof:

for years orcat was reasonable

orcat was secretly jealous of AC success

orcat needed another personality to admit fondness for AC

k2ruth was born to expound on greatness of AC

AC has flopped in AAA so k2ruth seeks a new winner to follow

orcat comes back as unreasonable OR poster

k2ruth emerges as voice of Knox VB reason

PS - district ties are broken however the district agrees to do so - no TSSAA involvement