Gerry Bertier's 4A Weekly Playoff Update after Week 7

Gerry Bertier

again thanks for the work you put into this format you must have a brain that can convert what the tssaa is doing cause it's tough!

If the TSSAA would just bring me on staff, I promise I would have everything figured out and Benard and Co. can sit back and drink coffee and eat donuts. It is not complicated once you figure it out. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerry,

First, let me say that you are the guru of AA football in the state. Your knowledge of the playoff system and the teams and standings statewide is second to none. I personally have difficulty keeping up with the districts in my area of the state. I see that your updates this year are a replication of what the TSSAA will put out on Tuesday. If that is your purpose fine, you beat the TSSAA every time and CoachT members all know that at the conclusion of week 10 you will have the accurate brackets hours before the TSSAA releases theirs which will surely have errors (witness the Sullivan South disgrace last year) . What I would really like to see from you is your prediction of how it will all shake out.

FWIW, the Class 4A playoff matrix does not include Fulton's week 9 game against Christian Co. KY. Christian Co. currently has a 4-3 record, which would give Fulton credit for 1 more team with a .500 record. The TSSAA schedule currently shows Fulton's week 9 opponent as "open." This game was scheduled during the summer months. It is my understanding that the TSSAA was notified of this during this week.

FWIW, the Class 4A playoff matrix does not include Fulton's week 9 game against Christian Co. KY. Christian Co. currently has a 4-3 record, which would give Fulton credit for 1 more team with a .500 record. The TSSAA schedule currently shows Fulton's week 9 opponent as "open." This game was scheduled during the summer months. It is my understanding that the TSSAA was notified of this during this week.

thats why its best to wait till week 10 then all these things have been weeded out!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but games they are played against out of state opponents are not recognized by TSSAA.  So any victories cannot be used in standings.  This is my understanding.