Sequatchie @ Notre Dame

SCHS28

I hope that you are right about the privates. During the regular season let teams play whoever they want but when playoffs come around split them up. If you charge tuition, you go private. Simple solution.

As for Notre Dame... I found out an interesting fact this fall. Our middle school played their middle school in football. They don't have a middle school. The team we played was a "select" team of kids from all over the Chattanooga area. Not all of them are enrolled in traditional Notre Dame feeder schools. The better players will receive the "opportunity" to play at NDHS whole the others will just return to their zoned high school. So the team is nothing more than a recruiting tool for NDHS to gain access to the better athletes around Chattanooga. How good could other schools be if they had the same opportunity?

They apparently have teams at younger levels too. Bledsoe's little league juniors, basically 4-5th graders played them recently.

They apparently have teams at younger levels too. Bledsoe's little league juniors, basically 4-5th graders played them recently.

I thought this thread was about a football game between Notre Dame and Sequatchie !! Not who recruits the best or breaking of the rules(which is ridiculous). My understanding is that those young teams have some kids that go to Saint Jude. Most of the kids on the high school team came from Olph and Saint Jude(Catholic Schools). For example the starters on offense are #13,9,5,7,62,50,64,15 and 61 all went to Olph and Saint Jude.By the way #55's father went to Notre Dame. Both kickers are Saint Jude and Olph. 95% of the jv are catholic children. SO LETS PLEASE TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL !!!!

I thought this thread was about a football game between Notre Dame and Sequatchie !! Not who recruits the best or breaking of the rules(which is ridiculous). My understanding is that those young teams have some kids that go to Saint Jude. Most of the kids on the high school team came from Olph and Saint Jude(Catholic Schools). For example the starters on offense are #13,9,5,7,62,50,64,15 and 61 all went to Olph and Saint Jude.By the way #55's father went to Notre Dame. Both kickers are Saint Jude and Olph. 95% of the jv are catholic children. SO LETS PLEASE TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL !!!!

Sounds about right... only about 5% of the middle school team was planning to go to NDHS... of course it was the best 5% that were getting "invited"... the others had to return to their zoned schools... one was going to Boyd Buchannan...

As for the game... Notre Dame should win easily... Sequatchie is still learning under their new coach... If this is a close game at all ND needs to fire their recruiting coordinator... Good luck Sequatchie!

Yes I do think it sends out the wrong message. This is something that will have to be address by the Ad and principal at ND. I hate it for the boys that have went through the catholic schools k-12.Like #15,5 and 45,who are studs(ringers or recruits lol) on the team and went all way through Olph. They are only sophmores. The seniors this year #22,7,72,11 and 64 did the same. I'm done trying to defend. I would have like to talk football. So what's your prediction Indian?

Edited by IrishTrickster

This also occurs in baseball.  ND has a "unofficial"  12U travel baseball team, Irish Baseball Club" that they will use to funnel players to their school program.  I really don't see a problem with this.  Signal Mtn middle school plays together during travel ball season and they do very well.  Sequatchie should put a little effort into this and take their teams  on the road during travel ball.  Back to the topic, ND 30 SC 21. 

Most of the tulip farms in Holland are located in the Noordoostpolder (Northeast polder), in the province of Flevoland, and in the area known as the Kop van Noord-Holland. The Kop even boasts the largest continuous bulb-growing area in Holland. Another well-known bulb-growing area is the Bollenstreek near Leiden, home of the world-famous Keukenhof. All three of these areas are only half an hour away from Amsterdam by car. The largest flower auction in the world, FloraHolland in Aalsmeer, is also just 30 minutes from the capital......ND by 28