Sequatchie @ Notre Dame

SCHS28

Thats true but polks defense is prob alot better than ours. Seq is gonna have to play good all 4 quarters instead of playin good in the second half. Ive noticed against bledsoe and stone that our first haldlf was awful. Then come out in the second half ready to play. Coachs and fans are gonna have to get these boys fired up

I have heard that all private schools will be Div. II within a couple of years ( a good move) I hope it comes to fruition

TSSAA is wise in using a multiplier to private schools enrollment.

They should use a multiplier for any public school that has players from outside their zone.

Not a punishment but to hopefully make regions a little more competitive. Let's face it , teams like Signal are going to have minimal competition against schools that are only relying on home grown talent. Their talent level is cyclical vs. reloading with outside talent.

As a fan , competitive games whether win or lose is what keeps support strong. Even winning programs lose fan interest with weekly blowouts.

I hope that you are right about the privates. During the regular season let teams play whoever they want but when playoffs come around split them up. If you charge tuition, you go private. Simple solution.

As for Notre Dame... I found out an interesting fact this fall. Our middle school played their middle school in football. They don't have a middle school. The team we played was a "select" team of kids from all over the Chattanooga area. Not all of them are enrolled in traditional Notre Dame feeder schools. The better players will receive the "opportunity" to play at NDHS whole the others will just return to their zoned high school. So the team is nothing more than a recruiting tool for NDHS to gain access to the better athletes around Chattanooga. How good could other schools be if they had the same opportunity?

I hope that you are right about the privates. During the regular season let teams play whoever they want but when playoffs come around split them up. If you charge tuition, you go private. Simple solution.

As for Notre Dame... I found out an interesting fact this fall. Our middle school played their middle school in football. They don't have a middle school. The team we played was a "select" team of kids from all over the Chattanooga area. Not all of them are enrolled in traditional Notre Dame feeder schools. The better players will receive the "opportunity" to play at NDHS whole the others will just return to their zoned high school. So the team is nothing more than a recruiting tool for NDHS to gain access to the better athletes around Chattanooga. How good could other schools be if they had the same opportunity?

kinda like a church outreach program; is what you are saying.....

Well ... at least the church isn't using federal grants and United Way money to provide "housing assistance" so families can afford to "pay" tuition. <_<

Tell us, oh Troll from the Mountain, in what city/county does Signal Mtn's best player lay his head down in his bed at night? I'll provide some helpful hints. Signal Mountain and Hamilton County are both incorrect answers. Your turn.