State Tournament Observations

BruinBabe

PP..In this situation its not about her coaching style or whether or not she runs a club. This is now about why she resigned.

So are you saying she didn't do anyting wrong and just resigned because she wanted to?

Also let's hypothetically say the "rumors" are true. What do you think about the coach? IF the "rumors" ARE true. Just wondering.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big blue it sounds as though you know the reason that Coach Williams resigned so please share it with everyone instead of spreading untruths!

Yes I am saying from the people that I spoke to, Coach Williams has done nothing wrong! So many are sad to see her go and are wondering what's going to happen to the vb program now. Maybe you should step up and apply for the job, but that means you would now have to take all the crap that parents dish out and you have to know something about vb...your skin isn't tough enough for that...lol! Maybe you should speak to your AD and get your facts straight and just maybe then you would know why she reigned! But the TRUTH isn't important to you, only how you can attempt to destroy someone's reputation, but you should be careful because your reputation isn't all that glowing around Karns either.

As far as "hypothetcally"....I will leave that to you! I will no longer respond to such nonsense from you....

I have read this board this entire season and have remained silent, but feel that I must come forward to set a few things straight.  I am a Karns parent.  I am the mother of the senior middle that some on here have mentioned in the past.  I'm afraid my silence may have hindered more than it has helped. I typically would not post on a public forum as this, but some mistruths need to be corrected.

I am a huge fan of Jessica Severs (I mention her by name simply because she's been mentioned so many times in other posts).  I have known her since the 8th grade and think she is a great volleyball player.  I think Jessica has a very bright future ahead of her wherever she chooses to attend college.  It hurts me to know that others think I have bashed Jessica on this same forum.  I have read those posts, but I did not post them.  My daughter and Jessica have played together for almost 5 years now and although many compare them, I do not.  They are different players at different positions.  Both have a lot of talent.  Jessica deserves all the credit she receives and I was very proud of her when she made the All District Team and the All District tournament team (as she has for several years).  I was proud of my daughter as well.  I have never thought of them as rivals because they are such different players.  

I also support our Coach and our booster club.  I cannot begin to tell you the special things that Coach has done for my daughter in the 4 years we have played with her.  I am not going to get in to some of the ugly rumors that I have seen on here or heard in other places.  However, I will say that I am sorry our Coach resigned and fully support her.  My daughters are not playing travel ball this season due to various reasons (none of which are related to Coach, Karns, etc) but if we did, we would be playing Phoenix.  

I'm sorry if I've posted this in the incorrect forum.  I just felt I couldn't be quiet about this anymore.  Karns volleyball has been a huge part of our lives for 4 years now.  I still have 2 years left with my younger daughter and we will miss our Coach. 

ChristieS, I am sure that Coach Williams appreciates your support very much.  Coaches are often times piled on by individuals who don't always know the real truth.  Most coaches do not coach for the money, so when they hear the kind of appreciation you have shared, I am sure that does their heart good.  Keep up the positive thoughts.  I am sure your daughter will be successful at whatever she does, it sounds like she has come from a good home.