Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

Might have left one of the better teams in the city in Boyd Buchanan. They were district and region champs and return everyone for their senior season!!

Might have left one of the better teams in the city in Boyd Buchanan. They were district and region champs and return everyone for their senior season!! 

You are right, I know alot of those kids that played with the Steams ,they will make some noise this year for sure. Sorry want happen again. please list your top 3 player ,I think I know who they are but who do we need to look out for.

You are right, I know alot of those kids that played with the Steams ,they will make some noise this year for sure. Sorry want happen again. please list your top 3 player ,I think I know who they are but who do we need to look out for.

Austin Walker, Justus McMillian, and Hall Allen are our top three returning scorers but the other four seniors, Q D Cox, Zac Jenkins, Jermemiah Nason, and Colby Arendale all bring talents to this most talented team!!

Here is a news article on the team:

Boyd-Buchanan's boys return their starting lineup of Hall Allen, Q.D. Cox, Zach Jenkins, Justus McMillan and Austin Walker from last season's 26-8 team, along with key reserves Colby Arendale and Jeremiah Nason. Allen, the point guard, had toe surgery in mid-August and is expected miss the first couple of weeks.

The Buccaneers' season ended with a 53-49 loss to Clarkrange in a state sectional. Their first game this year is Nov. 12, when they host Van Buren County.

"Six months, seven months is a long time to dwell on that loss," Boyd-Buchanan coach Cole Rose said. "It could be good for us. It left tastes in our mouths that we want to do more.

"As soon as the school year started, I think all of my guys marked this day on their calendars. We had a really good summer. We did all our preseason conditioning. I think we're ready to get started."

Ok this is my top team in Chattanooga, Please list your top team in order.

1. Tyner- Alot of speed and talent returning. Sydik and Alex Watkins and Dequin Hardwick. Senior heavy.

2. Brainerd- Return two of the better big man in Chattanooga. Orlando and Tipton Concern about other role player but should be good. New Coach ,

3. Central- Speed after Speed young , picked up a great transfer in Jordan Long, Tayron Hays, Ryan Montgomery,there JV was very fast last year. went undefeated.

4. Howard- Jo-Jo and just athletics but could possible tank this year

5. Mccallie- A real good big man and some good guards. 

6. Boyd - Hal Allen probably best player on team, great pure shooter, Walker will sneaky good. they can surprise some teams.

7.Notre Dame- Tyler and Kareem Orr but another team that could be either real good or real bad.                                                      

8. Baylor- Lost there best player  last  year, Gage Upshaw, and some good Guards.

9. East Hamilton - Lost a lot of seniors , Kenny Bunton will do his thing ,but will need help from Tracy Thompson and Tyler Lowery.

10.CSAS-  Seen a couple of there player should be pretty good. 

Hamilton Height really good but they recruit. but any of the top 5 teams can sneak up on them. Best PG in Chattanooga. 

This is my opinion, some teams I seen more then others. Please help correct me or put you top 10 and why.

My Top Teams in Chattanooga

1. Tyner- Sadik Spence arguably one of the best PG in the City along with Alex Watkins in the post and transfer Jr. Daaron Mastin will hold down the fork for the Rams

2. Brainerd- Orlando Moore Marques Tipton and Wendel Graham at the PG

3. East Hamilton- Kenny Bunton and Tracy Thompson will be key for them to succeed

4. McCallie- will be solid with decent guard play

5. Baylor- well coached and Gage Upshaw will be solid for them

6. Boyd- Buchannon Same team as last year will have a lot of success in single A.

7. Howard- Cudjoe Young will be the Sr leader for the Tigers.

8. Central- lots of speed tuff District should finish in top 5 maybe 5th.

9. East Ridge- Eddie Hitchcock will be the Sr star for the Pioneers

10. Ooltewah- will be scrappy enough to win some ball games Ben Snider will be key to there success.

Watch Tyner, Central and Soddy and Mccallie  tonight ,Tyner without Sadik but only beat Soddy by 1, Soddy gave them all they wanted, Mccallie beat Soddy by a few, but Central smashed Soddy and Mccallie when there starters was in for about 8 mins. of course, some of Mccallie Starters are out in Football but Central was by far the best team tonight. I think we better not over look Central.

Watch Tyner, Central and Soddy and Mccallie  tonight ,Tyner without Sadik but only beat Soddy by 1, Soddy gave them all they wanted, Mccallie beat Soddy by a few, but Central smashed Soddy and Mccallie when there starters was in for about 8 mins. of course, some of Mccallie Starters are out in Football but Central was by far the best team tonight. I think we better not over look Central.

Devonte struggle bad tonight I not convinced on his ability. wish the best for him just did not play well.