Round 1: Tellico Plains @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me say this first and formost...Tellico has not become big trash talkers because of sucess nor should we ever!!!!!!! We are not those type of people. I will say this I hope one day the county does something to help Greenback with the field I have heard rumors of turf but who knows...But all in all a great place to play and love the rivalry and the tradition...Anyone that knows our coaching staff knows that we dont talk trash..He has those boys saying yer sir and no sir and being respectful all Tellico fans need to follow suit so my apologies for our 1 fan that stepped away from that orgnblk hope you see this...Been posting this year and have had nothing but respect and felt that you have given it so thanks....I have not made a prediction at all. I am looking for a good game. I do think a lot of folks count the Bears out but when you haven't been here in a while that is what happens. But I believe in these boys and what the game against GB taught us is this...If you come out flat against good teams the will whip your butt...So I hope they come out strong tonight...I beleive in our boys and believe they will win!!!! But more than anything I look forward to a great game and in a great town any Tellico fan that can't be positive needs to remember what DAD used to say " if you ain't got nothing nice to say.....THEN SHUT UP!"   Go Bears!!!! My Daddy was a little rough around the edges!

Thanks BB89 if thats your graduating yr,you played when i did,89 we beat you all 14-7,that was one of my best defensive games ever!Loved playing you all.If we didnt have a game tonight i believe i would come watch this one it really intrigues me,it has nothing to do with GB moving on but i do like this matchup.I still have to pull for the Indians,just alot of respect for the past and present!

Alright I finally read thru all the comments and sorry about that guy calling GB a dump.  Its traditon there and Ive always liked that place.  Back to the game.  I feel Oneida has the best athlete on the field in #21, he's a stud.  This is a close matchup though, both beat RW by 1 and both lost to GB by 14. I disagree with the comment that Tellico's line is big but not athletic, they are pretty solid all the way around its just whether or not all of em show up to play.  Tellico has looked good as of late but I wonder how good the freshman running back will play in this one and Lord knows he doesn't need to get the fumbles on this game. #24 will need to tote the rock and make the tuff runs in this one as well. #54 &55 will have to make sure and control their side of the defensive line. More on #54 than #55.  GB dominated #54  Tellico is undefeated at home this yr and if this was at home I would say TP by 7 but its not and on the road they were 2-3 with losses to Sequoyah, Grace and GB.  Given all 3 teams are playoff teams but still losses.  I'm gonna say that this one comes down to an extra point late with plenty of scoring. 

Tellico 35

Oneida 34

GO BEARS!!!

Greenback beat us 42 - 38. Believe me that score is burned into my brain!

Thanks to all for the well wishes & the confidence in our young men. I'm looking for a dandy tonight & I believe if we come out sharp & jump on da bears (SNL :D ) early we'll be fine. If we let 'em hang around or if they grab ole uncle mo early then put the women & children to bed, it could be a long night. Y'all know me, I don't usually do scores & tonight is no exception. I'm picking my boys of course & predicting an awesome East Tennessee Friday night. Travel safe & hope everyone stays healthy.

Edited by crow

Thanks to all for the well wishes & the confidence in our young men. I'm looking for a dandy tonight & I believe if we come out sharp & jump on da bears (SNL :D ) early we'll be fine. If we let 'em hang around or if they grab ole uncle mo early then put the women & children to bed, it could be a long night. Y'all know me, I don't usually do scores & tonight is no exception. I'm picking my boys of course & predicting an awesome East Tennessee Friday night. Travel safe & hope everyone stays healthy.

Man ole crow i wont make it up there again :( wrestling practice just ended and i dont think i can blister that drive in 30 minutes...

Game over.....as I'm sure everyone heard....Oneida 17-7.  It was an interesting game and TP is certainly a good team.  Nice size up front and #24 is a strong runner.  We certainly played well enough to win and hats off to the guys because they were tough when they needed to be.  TP had a huge play in the fourth that would have made things interesting in the end.  However, Lambo's Defense didn't break down in the shadow of their own endzone and stopped TP on downs.  Quite a few GCA players in that endzone probably wanting a TP score, but the kids refused to buckle.  I thought both teams were well represented and love it that the kids get to fight another Friday. 

On to the GCA game we go.  Know what is in front of us and certainly the road gets tougher.  I'm sure Raven is ready to talk some football this week since his club was idle tonight.  Let the games begin!!!!

:thumb: Kazanilooney :thumb: