Grundy at Upperman Round 1

MountainDillard

It don't matter how you match up with ND, you have the Ram Train coming to town. They are better than either ND or GC. I think this will be the best team the Bees have seen all year. Will be a great game but from what I seen the Rams can get to the edge on your defense. Upperman can play with anyone on offense, QB is GOOD. Best of luck this week Bees and always enjoy coming up to Baxter, maybe we will meet again in girls basketball. 

PS- If your looking to the 3rd round, don't think ND is who I would be worried about. Polk is for real!!!!!

Hey Doc, volahol is a ND fan. He's already making round 3 plans, cause according to the classless irish fans, Polk only beat them in week 7 because ND played the worst game in school history,,,,but had nothing to do with the opponent.

Hey Doc, volahol is a ND fan. He's already making round 3 plans, cause according to the classless irish fans, Polk only beat them in week 7 because ND played the worst game in school history,,,,but had nothing to do with the opponent.

plans need to be at home doing yard work or cleaning leaves out of gutters! Sorry same result as 1st game.

Proud of our boys last night. Yes the final score was a "mercy rule" score but they got a cheap one at the end of the game. Mercy rule went into effect early in the second half but our boys kept fighting and overcame it and in my opinion played well in the second half. If we could have given our QB more time to throw the ball, it would have been closer.  Congrats to Upperman on a great season so far. QB is a player no doubt. Not sure the Bees will have the defense to keep it going deep into the playoffs.

If nobody is open then all the time in the world won't help you.

Officiating in this game was awful and we will just leave it at that. Clearly if you are a team like Upperman and average a lot of penalties in the regular season, the refs will be drooling to throw a flag on you. However, if you are on the other team, you can horse collar people on kickoff team and tackle blitzing linebackers and nothing will be called. They actually managed to call a chop block on Grundy, but there should have been plently more.

Officiating in this game was awful and we will just leave it at that. Clearly if you are a team like Upperman and average a lot of penalties in the regular season, the refs will be drooling to throw a flag on you. However, if you are on the other team, you can horse collar people on kickoff team and tackle blitzing linebackers and nothing will be called. They actually managed to call a chop block on Grundy, but there should have been plently more.

I agree. Refs were aweful. Penalties were like 20-5 in favor of Grundy. Game could have been 56-7, 56-14 if all the chop block and holds were called. And it wasn't Grundy's coaching, they couldn't block or get off blocks with UH's lineman.

You won so why are you whining? I'm just saying this your defense will have to play better than it did Friday night to be able to go deep in the playoffs. Your offense is decent but defense wins championships an yours isn't state champion material. You will need a lot of help to get out of the 2nd round and if you do you will never get out of the quarterfinals. Just my opinion!

You won so why are you whining? I'm just saying this your defense will have to play better than it did Friday night to be able to go deep in the playoffs. Your offense is decent but defense wins championships an yours isn't state champion material. You will need a lot of help to get out of the 2nd round and if you do you will never get out of the quarterfinals. Just my opinion!

UH isn't a state champ type team in my opinion either. But having a winning streak of 12 games, 53ppg offense, 14 ppg defense, and playing a 5-6(7-5 without forfits) team.....very winnable game.

I agree. Refs were aweful. Penalties were like 20-5 in favor of Grundy. Game could have been 56-7, 56-14 if all the chop block and holds were called. And it wasn't Grundy's coaching, they couldn't block or get off blocks with UH's lineman.

You can cut in the box. The running backs cant but the linemen can cut in the box. Everybody holds. I was being held is NOT an excuse for getting blocked. IMO.

You can cut in the box. The running backs cant but the linemen can cut in the box. Everybody holds. I was being held is NOT an excuse for getting blocked. IMO.

excuse? Herald-Citizen "And the story of the game may not have been the offensive numbers, but the defensive ones. Dakota Dilldine and Nick Baker put up huge defensive numbers as they both recorded nine tackles. Baker had two of the Bees' 11 sacks in the contest, and Dilldine stripped the ball away on a sack, carrying the loose ball 30 yards for a touchdown.

The Upperman defense pressured Grundy County quarterback Houston Mainord all night long as Logan Key also recorded two sacks, while Joey Butler, Peyton Land, Patrick Ely, Brett Nash and Robert Stephenson also brought him down".

Sounds like yall were ready. There are 5 linemen. How many were you guys bringing? good plan. I mean eventually someone will hit you with a hot slant, but until they do..... keep bringing the pressure.

looked like UH was playing a 4-4, and brought 1 lb 50% playing man free behind it, and bringing 2 lb the other 50% playing straight man behind it.very basic, Grundy just couldn't block it.