"Nerds" 3A picks

sportsnerd

Another reason is that historically there have been several smaller town teams like LC and Fairview (Cheatham Co., Camden, Smith Co., for example) that have had great regular seasons and a high seed that have been beaten (in some cases badly) by CPA, Goodpasture, etc. in the playoffs. I am NOT saying that will happen this year, but it has happened a lot in the last few years, so there is a perception that exists. At this point, anything can happen except in Quad 1 where Alcoa will roll.

I get your point but go back and look at Lewis Co's history and it we show that when Lewis was undefeated and playing Goodpasture in the playoffs,in which I think was 3 or 4 different times and we lost but all of the games could have been won by Lewis Co so my point is we can compete with the privates when we have had very good teams!(we lost them games by 2,3,and 7 pts) Edited by alltime

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA is good team but I've watched Milan just line up and physically take it to them the last two years. I think Lewis Co. could be the team to do it this year. I hope to find out!

Hey ath, are you a East Hickman fan? If so I would like to tell you I very impressed with ya'll this yr! By the way did you go to Vandy to watch the CPA and Milan game?

Edited by alltime

I get your point but go back and look at Lewis Co's history and it we show that when Lewis was undefeated and playing Goodpasture in the playoffs,in which I think was 3 or 4 different times and we lost but all of the games could have been won by Lewis Co so my point is we can compete with the privates when we have had very good teams!(we lost them games by 2,3,and 7 pts)

I agree, and East, FV, and LC could very well beat CPA this year if they play them. I was only referring to perception and the history that is undeniable. And I did not say the rural school losses to CPA and GP were all blowouts, but most of them were losses as you said.

CPA is 37-3 in the last 40 games, losing to a very good Maplewood team 2 years ago and Milan (runner-ups) twice.

This year's Milan game (I went) was good but CPA was definitely the better team. I believe it was the only game where Milan was 100% healthy and CPA had 2 of their better defenders out. If CPA had not thrown a very ill advised interception in the end zone on their 2nd drive, the score would have been worse, and Milan's only TD drive was at the end of the game after we sat some starters. If you were there, you saw that. CPA gave up some yards but they rarely give up sustained drives. I will say Milan was the most physical team we played this year, IMO.

Should be a good final 4 weeks. Good luck and may the best teams win.

I agree, and East, FV, and LC could very well beat CPA this year if they play them. I was only referring to perception and the history that is undeniable. And I did not say the rural school losses to CPA and GP were all blowouts, but most of them were losses as you said.

CPA is 37-3 in the last 40 games, losing to a very good Maplewood team 2 years ago and Milan (runner-ups) twice.

This year's Milan game (I went) was good but CPA was definitely the better team. I believe it was the only game where Milan was 100% healthy and CPA had 2 of their better defenders out. If CPA had not thrown a very ill advised interception in the end zone on their 2nd drive, the score would have been worse, and Milan's only TD drive was at the end of the game after we sat some starters. If you were there, you saw that. CPA gave up some yards but they rarely give up sustained drives. I will say Milan was the most physical team we played this year, IMO.

Should be a good final 4 weeks. Good luck and may the best teams win.

I was there too my friend and Milan moved the ball real good when they would line up and run it straight at CPA but then for some reason they tried to run spread and throw it which they couldn't throw very well.  I never said Lewis will beat CPA, I said we can compete with the privates! We have enough size and we have very good team speed but it doesn't matter either way we both have to take care of the next 2 games first anyway!

Cheatham County last year was just big and brutal. At 11-0, I watched CPA handle them quite convincingly. That's all it took to gain my upmost respect.

Yes, Cheatham was big and brutal last yr but I think what hurt them was overall team speed and I think Fairview might have had better athletes last yr but I think they got a better team this yr!(just my opinion)

I think Lewis Co being a small country town gets over looked or maybe we just don't get as much praise as CPA because they are from Nashville and have more media coverage but that's ok CPA is very deserving of the attention they get, we'll just worry about taking it one game at a time like we have all yr.

You might be right, but I saw the same thing two years ago when CPA had their first really good team in several years. For some reason, people tend to require programs to build on each other from year to year. LC may not be getting the press that you deserve, but I guarantee that an undefeated team does not get overlooked by the opposing coaches.

Cheatham County last year was just big and brutal. At 11-0, I watched CPA handle them quite convincingly. That's all it took to gain my upmost respect.

What hurt Cheatham was that they had no passing attack. CPA was able to get up early and was able to match their physical play. Chatham could not respond that far behind by playing smash mouth. They had a great team but CPA matched up well against them.

Milan was just as physical as Cheatham but you had to respect their passing game. You could not put 8 in the box. Coleman was also one of a kind and was the difference maker last year.