Melrose home field throughout playoffs.

jshanes

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melrose is a tough place to play. In 2000, I played there in a first round playoff game for Hardin County. It was the noisest, most hostile enviroment I had ever played in. The band kept on playing while the game was going on. You could barly hear the snap count from the quarterback. And while we where in the huddle, the qb had to yell at the top of his lungs just for us to hear the play. Oh and not to mention that the field was in rough shape. So for all the teams playing there in the playoffs, good luck you'll need it.

I, as most people know am a Memphis-East Mustang fan. The Melrose-East game was the best atmosphere for a high school game I ever been around. No fans are as good as the Melrose fans. I was at the 96,97, and 98 state finals, As a matter of fact, I go to the Saturday session(3A-5A) of the state finals every year. Melrose clearly out drew Whitehouse despite it being a local game for Whitehoue. And in 1996 they without question had the Tyner crowd out numbered 5 to 1, Melrose had 10,000 many of which were Tennessee State Students from Memphis, Tyner had maybe 1500-2000 fans despite the fact that Chattanooga is much closer to Nashville than is Memphis. Melrose is a fine program. There troubles are behind them and Coach Ingram has done a fabulous job. Just listen to some of the comments you make on here. Their are a lot of programs across the state that corruption is widespread. I hear no one ragging Brentwood academy who was also penalized a few years back. No one can give me any relevant complaints about the current state of the Melrose football program. Both east and Melrose will continue to be successful, well organized and well coached teams. Don't rip the Melrose program because it is not in the most suburban atmosphere. Most of you guys seem "culturally challenged" not one of the people that have posted negative comments about Melrose can post any absolutely factual information about any negative mishaps or any type of criminal activity that has taken place at Melrose. Home field is predetermined. So when you say "I am suprised the TSSAA allowed Melrose home field advantage" what you are really saying is that you indeed are suprised that the TSSAA was not racist, and discriminatory towards the Predominantly Black school "MELROSE" and found some way to screw those kids out of what they have earned. Lets all have fun, root for our favorite teams and try not to be offensive or negative to other fans.

[Edited by memphisplayer on 11-9-02 5:45A]