Coffee County

cubs1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't he coach at Franklin County a few years ago.  If so, he didn't do very well there.

Atkins is considered an exert in the spread offensive and I-PRO football schemes. Atkins has coached at several high schools across the southern states including 6A Franklin Co. , 4A Wakefield High , North Carolina, South Lenoir High Deep Run North Carolina, 4A East Ridge High

Chattanooga, 3A Spring Hill High Columbia , 5A Brentwood High Brentwood and he was a finalist for North Carolina Associated Press football coach of the year

Atkins is considered an exert in the spread offensive and I-PRO football schemes. Atkins has coached at several high schools across the southern states including 6A Franklin Co. , 4A Wakefield High , North Carolina, South Lenoir High Deep Run North Carolina, 4A East Ridge High

Chattanooga, 3A Spring Hill High Columbia , 5A Brentwood High Brentwood and he was a finalist for North Carolina Associated Press football coach of the year

He would probably go,but that would be the worst thing CC could do. Also he was let go,fired ,or allowed to resign from all the jobs mentioned. 

Didn't your former head coach work on staff with championship teams in Riverdale?  Your problem is not coaching it is typical small town politics that comes when you have bad season after bad season and there is no commitment to change the character of the people surrounding the program. It is never fair to the kids but until a group comes along with strong commitment and strong parents and admin in education and the local government, things do not change. Obviously this does not exist only in Manchester..Obviously any coach with his salt knows this and will stay far away from this job..You will need an idealist who everyone buys into because they realize they have no other choice...

So True

Heck boys, you guys are wasting your time.  That job was filled last year when they hired Coy Sisk.  They will go through all the formalities, but it is a done deal.

Burley and possum are you politicking for the job?  and is toysoldier= Lee Atkins?

Jump on the COY TRAIN!!!

I'm not Lee Alkins I have never meet the man. I don't think Coy will get the job, but he would be a good hire for CC

Heck boys, you guys are wasting your time.  That job was filled last year when they hired Coy Sisk.  They will go through all the formalities, but it is a done deal.

Burley and possum are you politicking for the job?  and is toysoldier= Lee Atkins?

Jump on the COY TRAIN!!!

I would say your right.Just throwing info out about what the wish list will be for a few. It's almost Christmas you know...

Whoever, the next Coach is, I hope he experiences more stability than Coach Davis. In 3 years, Davis had 3 Principals, 2 Athletic Directors, 2 Superintendents, 5 Defensive Coordinators, No telling how many different position coaches, and this past year he lost his FB and RB due to their bad choices. The community never fully got behind the man because he didnt live there and he wasn't winning right away, and within maybe 6 months people started calling on him to be fired. He has numbers up and put several players into college that never wouldve went without him. What Coffee County wants is someone who will move in to the town, kiss their butts, let them run all over him, and still win 6 or 7 games a year. Coffee averages a new coach every 3 years. I understand why the firing happened but you have to have some stability in order to be succesful and the man never spent more than 8 months with his own DC. Also whoever the new coach is needs to be allowed to hire whoever he wants, which is a luxury Davis never had. There are too many claws in the program from people who don't know football, but think they are Nick Saban. We live in a town where we will shove the football team off the field to listen to the band play. This is not an attractive job to anyone with experience. Our only hope is to try and grab an up and comer, provide some stability with the administration, and let the man work and do things his way and just hope he doesn't leave. Too many good coaches have had below average records at Coffee and gone on to be successful. The kids there now are no less athletic than that 07 team, but they were Price's boys and grew up in that program and went on to have decent success. You can win at Coffee if there were ever some stability. 

You left off a couple. Celina for sure. Wasn't he also at Stewart Co.?  Never stays anywhere long. There is ALWAYS a reason for that and it is RARELY good.

CLA you have a new name on here?  Are you the next Batman was a tree hugger? Shotgun5wide? Green Lantern?

Edited by drknows