Coffee County

cubs1

Toysoldier I was referring to what yeoldecutter said.  Not you. I served my time in Army as well.  Coffee County just needs to do interviews and who ever has a strong voice as far as the program goes needs to be on hiring committee so they can't point fingers when things do not go well, if things do go well they can be proud of it.  JMO.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever, the next Coach is, I hope he experiences more stability than Coach Davis. In 3 years, Davis had 3 Principals, 2 Athletic Directors, 2 Superintendents, 5 Defensive Coordinators, No telling how many different position coaches, and this past year he lost his FB and RB due to their bad choices. The community never fully got behind the man because he didnt live there and he wasn't winning right away, and within maybe 6 months people started calling on him to be fired. He has numbers up and put several players into college that never wouldve went without him. What Coffee County wants is someone who will move in to the town, kiss their butts, let them run all over him, and still win 6 or 7 games a year. Coffee averages a new coach every 3 years. I understand why the firing happened but you have to have some stability in order to be succesful and the man never spent more than 8 months with his own DC. Also whoever the new coach is needs to be allowed to hire whoever he wants, which is a luxury Davis never had. There are too many claws in the program from people who don't know football, but think they are Nick Saban. We live in a town where we will shove the football team off the field to listen to the band play. This is not an attractive job to anyone with experience. Our only hope is to try and grab an up and comer, provide some stability with the administration, and let the man work and do things his way and just hope he doesn't leave. Too many good coaches have had below average records at Coffee and gone on to be successful. The kids there now are no less athletic than that 07 team, but they were Price's boys and grew up in that program and went on to have decent success. You can win at Coffee if there were ever some stability. 

This is so true, the Peterson guy at the Manchester Times never did give him a chance.  He started cutting him down the first day,  I'm not real sure he had the backing of the other coaches.

Seems like they were trying to cut his throat.

The first thing out of Davis' mouth when he got here was some derogatory comments about CC, their fans, and past players. You are right, he was never forgiven. Especially by the ones who support and fundraise for the team. Which, like most towns, are former players and their families. Price worked tirelessly to rally the community. I'm no Price fan, but he was a winner. Blaming the newspaper guy is a new one. From everything I know about Pedo, he defends coaches to a fault. In most cases, he has defended our coaches long after he believed it himself. IMO.

I read several articles that you wrote in the your commentary that the administration and school

had hired the wrong person. You should know what you have wrote.

Oh I'm very aware of what I have written. That's why is found your comment that I didn't support coach Davis from the start very interesting. Because that simply isn't true.

Well I have to disagree

Are you disagreeing with facts? I did opine that this was a bad hire. But there is a big difference in saying that three years ago and three weeks ago. To say I started trying to cut his legs from day 1 isn't factually correct. And to insinuate that a newspaper column would be detrimental to Davis' ability to develop this program is just not realistic. From the onset Davis' biggest problems were a complete lack of discipline in every facet of the program and a poor strength program. Nice guy. Good dude. But he wasn't ready for this job and all that comes with it.

Are you disagreeing with facts? I did opine that this was a bad hire. But there is a big difference in saying that three years ago and three weeks ago. To say I started trying to cut his legs from day 1 isn't factually correct. And to insinuate that a newspaper column would be detrimental to Davis' ability to develop this program is just not realistic. From the onset Davis' biggest problems were a complete lack of discipline in every facet of the program and a poor strength program. Nice guy. Good dude. But he wasn't ready for this job and all that comes with it.

Don't know for sure when the articles started to be negative, but I think it was last year. I was not

saying that it detrimental to Davis ability to developing his program. I have no ideal of his ability

to develop a program, I'm not a coach. Where did you get your coaching degree? And I have no

ideal about his strength program, I know they lifted weights. The main thing is he is gone and we will get us a new coach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...