Science Hill-Sevier County

BigDave1967

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly, something went awry for SH. I don't think anyone on this board honestly thought SH wouldn't be able to score more than 7 in the first half. I wasn't able to attend or even listen to the game. Perhaps someone in attendance can shed some light on what transpired.

Sevier Co dominated in every aspect SH was never in the game. Period!

Holy cow!  And we think DB has playoff problems. I saw this comming next week.....not this week.

Hey, at least we made it past the first round! 

As for what happened tonight. Clearly, SH just got beat by a better team. Plain and simple. Yes, the Toppers were missing some key players but regardless, I don't think it would've made much of a difference. Congratulations to the team on one heckuva season. A lot to look forward to next year as well with so many players returning. Congratulations to the Smokey Bears on the W tonight.

Edited by AlumnI01

The Science Hill d coordinator should be fired tonight. The kept playing press coverage and kept getting burned. The QB for sh is not a passer at all. So when we jumped out to the lead it was over. Maryville will play it totally different. 2 safeties 3 or 4 lineman its called PASS defense. SH must have watched the gatlinburg pittman film thinking maybe we wouldnt toast their butt when they put 9 on the line of scrimmage. I am a little embarrassed for the defensive coachs for SH.  It looked just like the spring game we totally destroyed them that day too. SH quit at about 28-0. Our D sold out to the run early then SH QB was exposed in the passing game.

Good night to be a Bear.

GoBears!!!

The Science Hill d coordinator should be fired tonight. The kept playing press coverage and kept getting burned. The QB for sh is not a passer at all. So when we jumped out to the lead it was over. Maryville will play it totally different. 2 safeties 3 or 4 lineman its called PASS defense. SH must have watched the gatlinburg pittman film thinking maybe we wouldnt toast their butt when they put 9 on the line of scrimmage. I am a little embarrassed for the defensive coachs for SH.  It looked just like the spring game we totally destroyed them that day too. SH quit at about 28-0. Our D sold out to the run early then SH QB was exposed in the passing game.

Good night to be a Bear.

GoBears!!!

it has been this way all year long.  very, very frustrating to watch them on defense.  I don't understand anything they are trying to accomplish; it just doesn't look like a 6a defense.

Good night to be a Bear.

GoBears!!!

You've got to be kidding in regards to McGue not being a passer at all. The kid has close to 1,500 passing yards on the season going into tonight's game. Yeah, he's not a passer at all, alright(insert sarcasm). He had an "off" night and faced a very, very good defense tonight. That's it. It has nothing to do with him not being a good passer. His stats prove otherwise.

As for the defense. It's very simple. When they're playing well, they're playing real well. But when they're playing bad, it's not just bad. It's atrocious. Tonight was the latter.

Edited by AlumnI01

A very very good defense?

You've got to be kidding in regards to McGue not being a passer at all. The kid has close to 1,500 passing yards on the season going into tonight's game. Yeah, he's not a passer at all, alright(insert sarcasm). He had an "off" night and faced a very, very good defense tonight. That's it. It has nothing to do with him not being a good passer. His stats prove otherwise.

As for the defense. It's very simple. When they're playing well, they're playing real well. But when they're playing bad, it's not just bad. It's atrocious. Tonight was the latter.

Edited by gobears89

SH has been putting on an offensive clinic against the majority of their opponents this year. You guys held them to 20 pts and those 20 pts weren't easy to get. So yes, they came up against a very, very good defense tonight.

The majority of their opponents are not very good. :popcorneater: 

Edited by gobears89