Who takes over at Chatt Central?

tistheseason

the two names i am hearing the most of is Bloodsaw and Cook.  Although he has never been a head coach, I think Cook will be a good one some day. 

of course the other names thrown in over the last 2 months that seem to have some legitimacy are Barger and Montgomery having already coached at the school. Also heard an assistant from Bradley was interested??? dont remember the name and had never heard of the guy. Bradley and Central have scrimmaged a lot last couple years so there may be a link there too.  

I am not sure about Bloodsaw either. I am not saying he could not i just don't know.   I am sure Cook would want to be at Rhea also, just like Allen would, but they just hired a coach that in his first year did a phenomenal job so he is there for a while.  I am sure Cook wants a head coaching job this might be time to make the move.  I am purely speculating though.  

I would like Coach Cook to stay but he may go with Allen or he may look to go back up toward Rhea though. Now he may stay. The kids like him, but who knows. If you read the announcement from Mr. King it said with as I took it with Head coach experience. There are going to be some interesting inquiries. This time the school needs one to stay with them. I know a former Coach Bo Wallace put in for it when Allen did. He is now the defensive coordinator at Notre Dame and still teaches at Lakeview.

Personally I would like to see Coach Barger to come back but his wife would have to find a job own this way. Coach Barger was good and he really got this team turned around. He was good with the kids.

Edited by Pounder1

Well... there are a ton of high schools around Chattanooga so chances would be good finding a basketball coaching job here! I  honestly don't know anything about Barger other than what i have read.  I am sure there will be names that come out that none of us expect.

with the school and the team on the upswing it would be a great time for a coach to walk in and win right away. However, i do think expectations will be high with a senior and junior laden team next year.

I can promise there is no one lined up for the job at this point.  Myself..I'm against anyone that has left.  If they left once they would again.  Montgomery was pathetic and Barger left like a thief in the night.  No advance notice or anything.  Right before spring practice.  I get the whole wife thing but gee.  Allen has at least left us in a good spot. Facilities are greatand the program went to the playoffs.

That is true with any coach. I could understand why Barger left and even Montgomery.  Now I do not want a coach on another staff close buy because he may use this as a stepping stone to go back to that school. This search is vital. As I said before this may be a process that has to play out and they already may know who it may be. Also I think they need  to have a black coach on that staff. 

Edited by Pounder1

Diversity is good and it shows different good role models for kids. I just think it would be good for the staff, kids, and school. I know Mr. King has looked before in the past and said it is hard to find minority teachers that are qualified to teach at the positions that are opened and to coach.

Edited by Pounder1