SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

I understand that this is a football site, but I will post here anyway because there are those who are commenting on DB sports.  It is my opinion that a high school coach has his work cut out for himself concentrating on the here and now and building for future success.  When you talk about teams or players in the past, you should nave nothing but positives to say or you should keep your mouth shut.

I was disappointed when I read the comments in today's basketball edition written by Pat Kenney and quoting Coach Morgan as saying "In the past we've had participants and hot a lot of players".  Coach Morgan was either misquoted or, in my opinion, he made a stupid comment. I thought coaches are paid and responsible for turning participants into players.  As you might know, I coached basketball at John Sevier for 15 years, and we lost to Liberty Bell (a consolidated Johnson City middle school) twice in those 15 years.  Each time we lost I took responsibility for the loss, and the next time we played them my team kicked their ####.  Now that's a fact, Jack.  i believed it was my job to turn participants into players.  I thought we should never lose to Johnson City ever. 

If we ever lost to a team over five straight times, I would simply say I sucked as a coach.

My son, jeff, played for Coach Morgan at DB.  He might not have been a Parade First Team All-American, a national high school player of the year, the recipient of every Division I scholarship in the nation, or appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show, but he was a player.  He simply always tried his hardest to do what his coach requested, and he wanted his team to be the best it could be.  DB went to the state basketball playoffs in Jeff's junior and senior years.  Each time they lost to White Station who had more talent and was better coached.

My message here is that if you coach, it is your job to turn those participants into players.

I would say if you coach at any level,you had better make sure you watch every little thing you say.Really,it's that way anywhere now days.I respect anyone that can come on to coacht and give his name and say what he thinks.I may or may not agree with everyone that does that,but I can respect that.

Edited by BatmanDB

Maybe not the best examples with a couple of teams.How long has it been since Fulmer got fired now.How long has it been since the Dolphins won it all.The Cowboys did have some good years with a couple of the Jones boys but I swear I can't remember when they won it all last.Sometimes a change might be good but sometimes you back up a step or two.

I don't say things the way I think things what I was saying in a round about way is

All of those guys were great coaches for a long time but at one point they stopped being a great coach and started being a team fixture like the logo or something. They didn't coach to win championships anymore and they stopped being thought of as a great coach when your coaching for your ego and your numbers then its time to let somebody else give it a try. It's hard for some of the greats to realize the game passed them by or they lost there edge and when that happens those teams suffer because or if.

I understand that this is a football site, but I will post here anyway because there are those who are commenting on DB sports.  It is my opinion that a high school coach has his work cut out for himself concentrating on the here and now and building for future success.  When you talk about teams or players in the past, you should nave nothing but positives to say or you should keep your mouth shut.

I was disappointed when I read the comments in today's basketball edition written by Pat Kenney and quoting Coach Morgan as saying "In the past we've had participants and hot a lot of players".  Coach Morgan was either misquoted or, in my opinion, he made a stupid comment. I thought coaches are paid and responsible for turning participants into players.  As you might know, I coached basketball at John Sevier for 15 years, and we lost to Liberty Bell (a consolidated Johnson City middle school) twice in those 15 years.  Each time we lost I took responsibility for the loss, and the next time we played them my team kicked their ####.  Now that's a fact, Jack.  i believed it was my job to turn participants into players.  I thought we should never lose to Johnson City ever. 

If we ever lost to a team over five straight times, I would simply say I sucked as a coach.

My son, jeff, played for Coach Morgan at DB.  He might not have been a Parade First Team All-American, a national high school player of the year, the recipient of every Division I scholarship in the nation, or appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show, but he was a player.  He simply always tried his hardest to do what his coach requested, and he wanted his team to be the best it could be.  DB went to the state basketball playoffs in Jeff's junior and senior years.  Each time they lost to White Station who had more talent and was better coached.

My message here is that if you coach, it is your job to turn those participants into players.

Still tooting your horn.  Do you still wear that t-shirt with all you accomplishments on it? :mrgreen:

This literally may be the most stupid topic in the history of this website. It gives voice to the deeply uneducated, frustrated with lack of achievement in their own lives (many of whom never played football in high school, and certainly didn't play it in college). None of these people could draw up or protect a zone blitz or perimeter passing scheme. You can't fix stupid, but here's a thought for those of you so critical of Coach Clark. Keep your money! If you think you aren't getting the bang for your buck.......keep your money. You obviously think you have "bought" yourself a voice.....news flash.....YOU DIDN'T!

This literally may be the most stupid topic in the history of this website. It gives voice to the deeply uneducated, frustrated with lack of achievement in their own lives (many of whom never played football in high school, and certainly didn't play it in college). None of these people could draw up or protect a zone blitz or perimeter passing scheme. You can't fix stupid, but here's a thought for those of you so critical of Coach Clark. Keep your money! If you think you aren't getting the bang for your buck.......keep your money. You obviously think you have "bought" yourself a voice.....news flash.....YOU DIDN'T!

dbfanforlife...Your birth was a horrific way to start off 1970 and your big mouth is not any better in 2013.

I agree with you....get rid of Clark and since YOU HAVE ALL OF THE ANSWERS, hire your ugly mug and see how well you do. Your just like a bunch of know it all idiots that think they know what to do and how to coach...let the twins under that little Vienna sausage drop down, so you will actually have a pair and go get the job yourself. If coaches was only judged on w-l's then you got a gripe. Bet Clark does more to save kids and gives kids 2nd & prolly 3rd chances when no one else would have any thing to do with them.

Take that new found set of jewels and march right up to Clark and give him a piece of your mind. NAW, you aint got a set anywhere big enough to do that!

1st post, long time reader of this board and I am a graduate of DB. We do not need to fire Coach Clark what we need is somebody that can teach and Coach defense like it was back in the Coach Watson days. The defensive coordinator we have now is not aggressive like Coach Watson was and that is what we need to get back too. Only problem I have with Coach Clark is when he gets in tough games such as the playoffs he tends to coach not to lose and not to win. We need him to have the killer instincts. He is a great person first and foremost and he is also a great coach,he just needs to get the fire and passion back in his coaching. Looking forward to the next few years with this Indian team.

Hey Coach Mo! Your bleacher buddy here. I got up with your greatest student if the game and most talented player you ever coached this summer. Bruce T - All-Time DB scoring leader (by a mile). Bruce is back in town and we played several rounds of golf this year. We were old Sevier Terrace buddies growing up.

Anyway....here is some afermation for you. Bruce and I was talking about the Coaches he played for thru his playing days. Bruce said " I played 4 years in the SEC and played against teams from the ACC and Big 10, you name it...but I learned the most about the game of basketball from Coach Morrison at Sevier. He said you were by far the best coach he ever had.

DB has a diaper dandy this year that you will want to see play. Matt Halverson a Soph. This kid is something special. Your going to like the way he plays ball