SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

Art, it is good connecting with you on CoachT and learning that all is well with you.  You are my bleacher buddy at DB, and I appreciate your sharing the nice comments Bruce Tranbarger made about me.  He is a super person, and he comes from a great family.  I was blessed to be able to coach him early in my career.  He could score on anyone, but more importantly he was the ultimate team player.  of course, we never lost to Johnson City when Bruce played for me.  We didn't lose to anyone else either.  Bruce was the leader of my first undefeated team.  If Bruce, DB's all-time leading scorer, designated me as the best coach he ever had, that just shows you how intelligent Bruce is.

Now for "the hill23" who I heard from in cyber space a year or so ago.  I appreciate your comments about me.  i want to remind you that I informed you more than a year ago that i no longer wear that t-shirt you're referring to listing all my accomplishments because even though it was extra, extra, extra large, I had additional accomplishments and i couldn't fit them all on that shirt.  As far as tooting my own horn, I don't do that any more.  I blow a big ole tuba because it makes more noise.  I hope that you can remember all this.

Sometimes I like to say whatever is on my mind because I just feel like it.  I hope it doesn't bother you a great deal.  I am not a good person because I brag too much and I am narcissistic.  My wife has tried to help me for years, but I only listen to her about half the time.  That is my secret to being married 44 years.  I am a sinner and I tried to repent several years ago, but it didn't work for me.  I have never done drugs, but I grew up in Florida and all that sunshine gave me a natural high.  I just feel happy and good about myself.

Now, let's briefly talk shirts again.  Since you are interested in my wearing a shirt listing all my accomplishments, why don't you buy me a shirt and list all the times my teams beat Johnson City.  You better purchase a really large shirt because it will require a long list.  Please send that shirt to the Kingsport Chamber of Commerce in care of Coach Mo. I promise I will wear it.

I know that you are a good person, and I want to share one more thing with you.  I want to brag about my special visionary powers and you are the first person I've ever told about this.  I can see it very clearly.  You are trying to guard me in a basketball game when I am in my prime and tearing people up on the hardcourt.  I light you up like a Christmas tree and drop 70 on you before halftime.  You start crying on the court and your coach takes you out of the game and accuses you of playing matador defense.  He says, "Son, you let the bull run wild, now sit the bench the second half and relax".  Everytime you tried to guard me, I jacked up that beautiful jump shot and said "In your eye, sucker".  I did miss three shots that first half because I got a little bored and lost focus.

To All have a great Thanksgiving.

Come on over to JC, and look at our GOLD BALLS IN THE TROPHY CASE. I will get a bulldozer to make the door bigger so you can get your head through it.  How about the great coaching job you did at Volunteer, (the year with Roy Richmond, Morelock and that group) probably had more talent than the Hill that year.  Went to the Regional and pulled out the ole North Carolina 4 corner and lost to the #8 seed.  I never hear anything about the Volunteer years. :mrgreen:

There are no other schools in the state of Tennessee like Maryville and Alcoa. In 6A of course its Maryville heads above everybody else. It's not even fair to use them as a comparison on anything. Their up there on the 10th floor and everybody else is down on ground level.

DB has the resources and the talent pool to be near the top. 

DB fans, I think we can sense your overall frustration.    Namely that year in and year out you beat up on all the smaller 5A schools around here and (99% of the time) the only 6A school in our area.    But when you play other 6A schools your own size, i.e. the playoffs, then you lose.  But it has been mentioned here before and bears mentioning again, do not assume that a coaching change is going to automagically translate into playoff wins.   I don't know your coach but it seems that based on many comments from other who do that he is a good man and cares about the players in other ways besides just sports.      Best of luck this off season and we will look forward to meeting you in Kingsport in 2014 vs. Boone.     Actually we don't look forward to it because it's 99% sure DB will win, but we do want to come to your new stadium.      WIll it be ready for the 2014 season?

DB fans, I think we can sense your overall frustration.    Namely that year in and year out you beat up on all the smaller 5A schools around here and (99% of the time) the only 6A school in our area.    But when you play other 6A schools your own size, i.e. the playoffs, then you lose.  But it has been mentioned here before and bears mentioning again, do not assume that a coaching change is going to automagically translate into playoff wins.   I don't know your coach but it seems that based on many comments from other who do that he is a good man and cares about the players in other ways besides just sports.      Best of luck this off season and we will look forward to meeting you in Kingsport in 2014 vs. Boone.     Actually we don't look forward to it because it's 99% sure DB will win, but we do want to come to your new stadium.      WIll it be ready for the 2014 season?

I was hoping they would put another new parking lot in and take out a couple hundred more spaces before they do the stadium.It's always amazing how smart people get together and do the dumbest  things.I'd still put a walk over on center street before a kid gets killed crossing for school or to play sports.Plus,I'd put a new baseball stadium over there.Basically move the visitor bleachers on the football field and use them at the baseball field.THEN,instead of a double decker,switch the home side and put our backs to the sun with a brand new monster home side.Then add handicap parking right behind the stadium along fort Henry drive for the people that love DB and need to be close.

I was hoping they would put another new parking lot in and take out a couple hundred more spaces before they do the stadium.It's always amazing how smart people get together and do the dumbest  things.I'd still put a walk over on center street before a kid gets killed crossing for school or to play sports.Plus,I'd put a new baseball stadium over there.Basically move the visitor bleachers on the football field and use them at the baseball field.THEN,instead of a double decker,switch the home side and put our backs to the sun with a brand new monster home side.Then add handicap parking right behind the stadium along fort Henry drive for the people that love DB and need to be close.

Wow, that's very ambitious, but I like your thinking.    How about one more item, they link a secret tunnel from the bat cave that comes out under the new home bleachers

Nobody cares about regular seasons wins against lesser foes its about playoff wins against some 6a teams, bottom line still less than .500 in playoff enough said, lol

Nobody cares about DB's regular season games? That's pretty unique. If you're saying you don't want your coach anymore and you prefer a new one, you better be careful what you wish for.