SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

The one thing that everyone wants is a state championship on he field.Dobyns Bennett has a bunch before the playoff era.Had that not changed,coach Clark would have added several more.No other coach has had near the success at DB in modern times.The DB schedule wasn't any more difficult back in the old days when it was voted on either.The schedule below is pretty much what they had most years.The 1955 team was the last undefeated DB state championship team.Say what you will about the coaches DB has,but I wouldn't trade them for any other in this area now, or in DB's past when they were doing the same things many of GCs teams have done in the regular season.It's going to take the perfect year,nomatter who the coach at DB is.

zwvy.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by BatmanDB

Lets get this straight batman your saying no other coach can come in and do better , so we should spend all this money on one and done because the coaches are nice guys

I might have said they were nice guys,don't remember.I do remember saying that I thought they were really good coaches and I woudn't trade them.

DB fans are some of the worst. I admit though their frustration is valid. You guys have been loaded several years and flame out during playoffs. I'm just keeping it real.

No,DB has some of the best fans.They will travel to the ends of the earth to watch the Tribe.I do understand the frustration and hate to lose any time myself.Where some of us disagree is just like any other family.We all want to see DB do great but I know it will take several key things to hit it like Maryville does.If I thought our coaches sucked,believe me,I'd say it nomatter.I've watched them to long to know they are pretty darn good.Have they made some bad moves or screwed up ? You tell me a coach that hasn't.It takes several things to be good and coaching is a big part.I've seen the coaches go over and over things in practice and watch as the player done the wrong thing anyway during the game.I've seen those kinds of things get DB beat in big games several times.I don't call the kid out on it because they are still just that {young men and someones kid }. If any fan doesn't think this coaching staff has fire,just go by and watch a few practices.Not only do they have fire but will tell a kid he done a good job as well as give him the tough love he may need.

DB fans, I am going to deviate from the "fire the coach" theme and toss something out.    Actually this question could apply to probably 80% of HS football teams, not just DB.     Where I saw a DB offensive weakness the last few years was in the passing game.   As long as you're playing 5A cupcakes like Volunteer, Central, Boone, etc. then it doesn't matter, just run, run, run and still win by 50+.      But where it becomes blatantly obvious that passing is weak is when DB is behind to a 6A team and in an obvious passing situation....  well you guys have seen the games and know what I mean.         So here's the question, would this work:     Let's say that in the multiple 5A cupcake games you take one quarter and do nothing but pass.     EVERY offensive play is a pass.    For the entire quarter.     No matter what.     Pass EVERY play for only ONE QUARTER.    Got it?     Ok, so maybe you end up punting several times and only win by 30+ vs. 50 or 60, but who cares, you are improving your passing game tremendously every week which will come in handy in the 6A playoffs.          So whatcha think, would this pay off in the post-season??

DB fans, I am going to deviate from the "fire the coach" theme and toss something out.    Actually this question could apply to probably 80% of HS football teams, not just DB.     Where I saw a DB offensive weakness the last few years was in the passing game.   As long as you're playing 5A cupcakes like Volunteer, Central, Boone, etc. then it doesn't matter, just run, run, run and still win by 50+.      But where it becomes blatantly obvious that passing is weak is when DB is behind to a 6A team and in an obvious passing situation....  well you guys have seen the games and know what I mean.         So here's the question, would this work:     Let's say that in the multiple 5A cupcake games you take one quarter and do nothing but pass.     EVERY offensive play is a pass.    For the entire quarter.     No matter what.     Pass EVERY play for only ONE QUARTER.    Got it?     Ok, so maybe you end up punting several times and only win by 30+ vs. 50 or 60, but who cares, you are improving your passing game tremendously every week which will come in handy in the 6A playoffs.          So whatcha think, would this pay off in the post-season??

Good ideal except one thing.Going against,let's say SC,DC or Volunteers's defensive backs is not the same as what Maryville has.DB has been loaded one time in the last few years and could overcome most any team except Maryville.That's just like the Jamboree,DB can get much more out of a good practice ,but just needs more depth on both sides of the ball to get close to what a team like Maryville has.

The big problem at DB is thay make way to many mistakes. Its been going on so long it has now become a tradition. Stupid penalties and turnovers have become a trademark. And they seem to have a nack for commiting them at crucial times. Example: Against Sevier Co. all DB had to do was hold on to the ball and run out the clock but they fumbled and Sevier Co. took it down and scored, winning the game in the last seconds. Theres no doubt in my mind that if they had just cut their mistakes in half last year they would have had another 10-0 reg. season. It wasn't because they were a young team because it's been the same with every DB team. I don't know what the answer is because like Batman said, the coaches really get after them in practice. Even last year as good as those guys were it wasn't unuasual for them to have 60-80 yrds in penalties. As for the passing game DB hasn't had a true quarterback since Duran Ferguson. They have pretty much had a running back playing QB for a long time now. Thats not always a bad thing, (until you need to to pass the ball). I thought last year they would of played the freshman Maupin in some games like DC, SC, & Volunteer to gain some game experence but that didn't happen. That tells me their going with the natural order of things and East will be your QB next year.

The big problem at DB is thay make way to many mistakes. Its been going on so long it has now become a tradition. Stupid penalties and turnovers have become a trademark. And they seem to have a nack for commiting them at crucial times. Example: Against Sevier Co. all DB had to do was hold on to the ball and run out the clock but they fumbled and Sevier Co. took it down and scored, winning the game in the last seconds. Theres no doubt in my mind that if they had just cut their mistakes in half last year they would have had another 10-0 reg. season. It wasn't because they were a young team because it's been the same with every DB team. I don't know what the answer is because like Batman said, the coaches really get after them in practice. Even last year as good as those guys were it wasn't unuasual for them to have 60-80 yrds in penalties. As for the passing game DB hasn't had a true quarterback since Duran Ferguson. They have pretty much had a running back playing QB for a long time now. Thats not always a bad thing, (until you need to to pass the ball). I thought last year they would of played the freshman Maupin in some games like DC, SC, & Volunteer to gain some game experence but that didn't happen. That tells me their going with the natural order of things and East will be your QB next year.

Mupin is a very good athlete and the more guys like him and Holt that come along,the better for DB.There are several kids that can make a difference from last years 9th grade.When that group of kids are seniors,DB could be a pretty special team.Being special however doesn't mean a state title is handed to anyone because you never know how many other great teams will jump up around the sate.