SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

C'mon guys, losing in the playoffs and failing to win the state title doesn't mean you have a bad coach or team. Only one team wins it all in a class, that means that alot of good teams with good coaches fall short every year. Winning it all requires you to have the best players, grit and determination, good coaching , and alot of luck. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think a bad coach would lead a team to winning records and the playoffs every year. It could be a whole lot worse ... You could have a coach that coaches ya'll to 2-8 and 3-7 seasons despite having the talent to have winning seasons and make the playoffs. I don't want to have to point out the pink elephant in the room but that's exactly what's been going on at wb.

Hey I'm just glad DB beat Tn. High. No really, after watching Maryville and DB for the last several years one thing that sticks with me is the Rebels playing everyone on the team. If you start offense then you don't start defense. Example: Sean Prevo waited on the sidelines last year until the defense did their job. Then he went out and made defenses look stupid. Malik Foreman played almost every down offense and defense. I know what some of you are going to say. A coach puts the players on the field that gives the best chance to win. If you play kids 1 way then a lot more will try out for the team (NOT PLAYING TUBA IN THE BAND) and within a few years you will be wearing teams down with depth. JMO !

Yes. He and the rest of the staff need to go. They are way to soft and there panic in the playoffs spills over to the players. Bad vibes or whatever. They've become to comfortable. It's time to get Ballard from Greeneville or someone on Quarrels staff Maryville to start this program over and get us over the hump. It can be done. We have the pick of the litter here of the football players. They will come to us. It's time to change the mind set. Thanks to Clark for all the past dedication and success but it's time for him to ride off into the sunset. After all, he's going to be leaving one day soon anyway. Let's get a new staff in place to work with the good players we have coming. I'm ready for Tribe football in 2014. ROLL TRIBE

Hey I'm just glad DB beat Tn. High. No really, after watching Maryville and DB for the last several years one thing that sticks with me is the Rebels playing everyone on the team. If you start offense then you don't start defense. Example: Sean Prevo waited on the sidelines last year until the defense did their job. Then he went out and made defenses look stupid. Malik Foreman played almost every down offense and defense. I know what some of you are going to say. A coach puts the players on the field that gives the best chance to win. If you play kids 1 way then a lot more will try out for the team (NOT PLAYING TUBA IN THE BAND) and within a few years you will be wearing teams down with depth. JMO !

Maryville starts that system in the pe-we league's. They also run the same plays all the way from start to high school (for the most part). Most of their players play the same position in high school that they played in pe-we league. They know what their supposed to do by the time they get to high school. The coaching staff don't have to spend 75% of their time teaching plays and fundementals on the high school level. Maryville players don't make many mistakes on the field and their almost always in position to make a play. They don't have any big egos in the system. It's all about the end product and winning state championships. It's so simple what they do you would think even a caveman could do it. Yet not a single high school in the state can match them. I don't know of a single school in the state that runs the same system. Hard to believe. And Maryville didn't have a single player go to a D1 school last year. It's the system.

Maryville starts that system in the pe-we league's. They also run the same plays all the way from start to high school (for the most part). Most of their players play the same position in high school that they played in pe-we league. They know what their supposed to do by the time they get to high school. The coaching staff don't have to spend 75% of their time teaching plays and fundementals on the high school level. Maryville players don't make many mistakes on the field and their almost always in position to make a play. They don't have any big egos in the system. It's all about the end product and winning state championships. It's so simple what they do you would think even a caveman could do it. Yet not a single high school in the state can match them. I don't know of a single school in the state that runs the same system. Hard to believe. And Maryville didn't have a single player go to a D1 school last year. It's the system.

:geek: Truth. 

Cause that one was easy Waco we won every game we were suppose too, now when was the last time we upset somebody Waco still waiting on that answer. Crickets

I don't think looking to upset a team is where you want to be. I would rather be favored. Thats a question you might ask Central or Davey Crockett. When was the last time Maryville upset somebody. Get it?

thanks Waco you made my point we were favored in most playoff games, we are the 1st ones invited to the playoffs and the 1st ones to leave, less than 500 is not acceptable for the money being invested

Yesterday you said you were done and you've made 7 post since then. Theres no getting through to you. Clark is never going to be fired and he will retire when "HE" is ready to retire or step down. There's nothing you can do about it. You couldn't get 5 people together to ask for him to step down if you paid them. Give it up.

The title of the thread is "Should Clark step down".......No, he should not step down, unless he is ready to retire.  As long as he is working hard to do the very best that he can do to win football games, and make a positive impact in these kids lives, he has no reason to "step down".

If the powers that be, deem his efforts not good enough to please them, or if they think they can make a better hire, then it is up to them to fire him.  It sounds to me like there is only a select few that want to see him gone, so I assume that admin is no where close to firing him.  But, to ask if he should step down, that man has poured himself into that program and those kids, he isn't going to step down unless he is ready to call it quits and retire, nor should he.