SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

The title of the thread is "Should Clark step down".......No, he should not step down, unless he is ready to retire.  As long as he is working hard to do the very best that he can do to win football games, and make a positive impact in these kids lives, he has no reason to "step down".

If the powers that be, deem his efforts not good enough to please them, or if they think they can make a better hire, then it is up to them to fire him.  It sounds to me like there is only a select few that want to see him gone, so I assume that admin is no where close to firing him.  But, to ask if he should step down, that man has poured himself into that program and those kids, he isn't going to step down unless he is ready to call it quits and retire, nor should he

Well Jake if you sat down in the stands during the m.east game you would know of a "select more fans"...... and admin would not fire him because our joke of a "AD"...

Maryville starts that system in the pe-we league's. They also run the same plays all the way from start to high school (for the most part). Most of their players play the same position in high school that they played in pe-we league. They know what their supposed to do by the time they get to high school. The coaching staff don't have to spend 75% of their time teaching plays and fundementals on the high school level. Maryville players don't make many mistakes on the field and their almost always in position to make a play. They don't have any big egos in the system. It's all about the end product and winning state championships. It's so simple what they do you would think even a caveman could do it. Yet not a single high school in the state can match them. I don't know of a single school in the state that runs the same system. Hard to believe. And Maryville didn't have a single player go to a D1 school last year. It's the system.

I know around here the support system isn't what it is in Maryville, we all know this but like you have mentioned throughout the season that DB has shot itself in the foot many games with penalties. Most of those came from fundamental breakdowns. Maybe going back and teaching is just what the Dr. Ordered. I'm not sitting here saying Clark should or shouldn't step down. There are arguments for both sides of that fight. Like an old ball coach told me one time You play to Win, You do not play not to lose. You can't build a nice lead in the first half and sit back and hope it holds. My rant is over!

Arguments/rants and raves aside , i just hope its all straightened up before these lower grades start running under the score board because we have some outstanding talent coming up in the next couple years ....my understanding these 2 8th grade teams are freaking good and a running back next year" Thompson kid" that is a ball player..just hope some changes are made /fixed for the sake of these kids that bust there butt to play for DB

Arguments/rants and raves aside , i just hope its all straightened up before these lower grades start running under the score board because we have some outstanding talent coming up in the next couple years ....my understanding these 2 8th grade teams are freaking good and a running back next year" Thompson kid" that is a ball player..just hope some changes are made /fixed for the sake of these kids that bust there butt to play for DB

For the sake of the kids?  You act like the D-B program has been winning 2 or 3 games a year and are the laughingstock of the state.  I don't see where it has been bad for the kids....kids bust their butt all over the state at different programs, and at the end of the day only one of those programs are the state champions.  So where has D-B been so bad for the kids?

Well lol ...... maybe because we are expected to win 7 games a year due to conference we play in ... and yes at the start of each season every site in tn has nothing good to say about DB because basicly we can't get past the first second round ... what is it 20 out of 21 seasons we have made it to playoffs ? Something close !!!' do u think clark gets us there ... no , half the games in regular season we have 2nd and 3rd string in playing year end year out... its our atheletes we have that gets us there its some play calling and conservative play that beats us.....

If i could be the walls of many lockerooms the past couple of seasons and hear the other teams coaches they probably said "hey we can beat them yes we are down but many of teams have game baxk to beat them and this team can too".... when everyone in the stands on DB side all year simply said here we go again!!!! This has happened a lot in the past several years and that my friends tells me something is wrong here!!!

This is all about unrealistic expectations that are deep-rooted in this community. All of the mythical state championships that were awarded to D-B in Kingsports early history created a certain set of expectations. Voting was the way it was done back then and that is all well and good - legitimate in its day. The fact that D-B is 0 for 44 since championships started being decided on the field of play has cast a bit of a shadow on that earlier success and has the Indian faithful searching for affirmation that they are among the elite in the state. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of. You've been close several times just in Graham's time. There have also been several great coaches prior to Graham who have not won a gold ball. I know for a fact that Ted Wilson came here expecting to bring home a few more of those prior to retirement but he could not make it happen at D-B. You've got a great coach right now. I think that any efforts towards improving the D-B program would be better spent in somehow integrating the youth programs. Right now it's just whoever is willing to volunteer and they run the teams however they want to. There is no coordinated involvement from the upper levels. The overall "system" is what needs to be changed to achieve the results you are expecting.

This is all about unrealistic expectations that are deep-rooted in this community. All of the mythical state championships that were awarded to D-B in Kingsports early history created a certain set of expectations. Voting was the way it was done back then and that is all well and good - legitimate in its day. The fact that D-B is 0 for 44 since championships started being decided on the field of play has cast a bit of a shadow on that earlier success and has the Indian faithful searching for affirmation that they are among the elite in the state. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of. You've been close several times just in Graham's time. There have also been several great coaches prior to Graham who have not won a gold ball. I know for a fact that Ted Wilson came here expecting to bring home a few more of those prior to retirement but he could not make it happen at D-B. You've got a great coach right now. I think that any efforts towards improving the D-B program would be better spent in somehow integrating the youth programs. Right now it's just whoever is willing to volunteer and they run the teams however they want to. There is no coordinated involvement from the upper levels. The overall "system" is what needs to be changed to achieve the results you are expecting.

WOW!  .......SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT!!!  Sadly the powers that be would read your post and just laugh. You could then say "well just look at the Maryville program" thats how they do it and look at all the state championships. The powers that be would then say, we know what we're doing here. We have $pent million$ on new turf, a aw$ome field hou$e, we're getting ready to $pend million$ more on the $tadium, we have the $tates biggest band and our band director's head will hardley fit in our multi-million dollar $tadium, oh I almo$t forgot about our million dollar parking lot (maze), and did I mention we're going to have a elevator on the home $ide and I think a $tep ladder on the vi$itor $ide. And did you not know we are the states winningest football program. We know what we're doing here. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$