Bearden Volleyball

PhillyAl

Kudos for Carrie McGinnis to have her dad's back in such a strong way.  Despite what others may think of Coach Dave, it seems to me that no matter how many matches Bearden wins, or if KVA is successful or not, he has already won one of the biggest matches of his career- the undying love of his daughter!!  I'll bet many of us wish we had that win under our belts.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i have yet to hear why the coach was late to HIS teams volleyball banquet. Did he have a flat tire? Did he not know what time it was scheduled? This is a banquet for the BEARDEN High school volleyball team. Nothing should come before that as a coach. The only thing that should come before that are emergency situations that you can not avoid and I think even PhillyAl would understand if that was the case. 

So once again.I ask...Why was your coach late for the Volleyball Banquet? The silence from his supporters is defining ....

BBV You are not going to get an answer for the groupies. The answer is that he scheduled an event at his club for the same day. He chose to be at his club event and then go to the Bearden Volleyball Banquet. 30 minutes late. Any way you look at it, it's wrong. As stated before, its not just about that one night. There's a pattern here and it's not a good one. I could care less which one he wants to do, but pick one. Club or high school. If you can't manage both then just pick one.

The parents know exactly what a banquet should consist of and so does the administration. If the coach had no club and there weren't parents trying to get their girls placed on the team "they" think they should be placed on, then all of the parents would be upset. The parents are not showing their displeasure becuase in the "arena of club volleyball' the coach holds all the cards and if you piss the coach off you know what happens.

He's a nice man but he is lost in the forrest of trying to build a club and also coach a high school team.

Ask Bratman..He knows and speaks the truth

Hey Philly, have you talked to the coach, seems like to me that would be where this conversation belongs. I'm sure if his daughter knows about this, he does. Step up and call him, I'm sure as a parent you have his number. He would probably respect you and your opinions more that way, than spreading trash about him on a web site.

First of all Wowdog I'm not "spreading trash". I'm on a message board that's about volleyball and these issues have been brought up before by other people and other coaches. See the first post. If you call what I said "trash" i would have to agree with you. The problem for you is, the "trash" is fact. Not rumor. A lot of rumors go on this site, but nothing I said is rumor. I don't speak "rumors". EVERYTHING in my post are true. I don't need to speak with the coach about anything. He can do what he wants to do. He can chose to put his club before his high school team. He can chose to be 30 minutes late for HIS  high school teams banquet. He can chose to do anything he wants. I don't care. I merely told one of the posters on here (bigbluevolley) that he wasn't the only one with issues. Must have hit a nerve!!!

So coach, continue your agenda. When you coach Bearden high school next year continue to be late because of club events. Continue everything as usual. It's fine. It will be talked about.

Remember WOW...No rumors hear just THE TRUTH!!!!

Edited by PhillyAl

PhillyA don't speak for "us groupies"!

Yes, coach was late to the banquet due to poor planning and double booking. It happens!

There is no pattern.

No one else had an issue with it. I guess you've never made a mistake huh? And before you start throwing stones, the Webb coach, who also runs a club coincidentally, was also late to her own banquet. Coach Dave is the 3rd coach in the area to coach high school and run a volleyball club so I guess you think all 3 of them should pick one or the other?

Your comment of "if the coach had no club and they weren't trying to get their girls....etc"

Made me laugh and is so predictable. That is how "your" club has always been run, that's how club parents have been trained to think. Kva club members just want their girls to play volleyball without the drama of how much do I have to kiss up to the coach/director for the benefit of my daughter and her placement. Us "groupies" are fighting for a club that treats all girls and their parents respectfully no matter which team they make for the love of playing volleyball. Not everyone is out to get their child on a D1 college team. We just want competitive volleyball options until those decisions need to be made.

The BHS team is made up of half club players and 2 have chosen to stay with the club we all were at, the others have decided kva is the place they want to be, yes in part due to coach Dave. But I'm sure you know that. That shows the respect his team has for him and his coaching skills. They weren't told they could only play at his club. Or join in fear losing playing time in the high school season, which we all know isn't the feeling all coaches doing double duty give out.

I'm sure you are relieved the high school season is over and can focus on club ball now since you have had such an unpleasant experience.

Good luck with club, honestly. I hope you find the experience everything you are wanting for your child. We can all be respectful of each other and play on opposing teams without drama and scorn since it's not about us, but about our kids.

Well, yes the banquet date was planned early in the season, but I definitely know it wasn't known by July 8th as your 4 months calculates to. Again dramatization.

He felt awful for the situation he got himself in, but I guess you just can't get over him not being there for you (the only one who saw this as a problem) those 30 minutes he missed in order to make the impossible situation the best it could be for all under the circumstances.

yea. i'm sure he felt aweful!!! 

Once again. He knew 4 months ago. It wasn't an accident. You don't go to the club event even if it was booked. You honor your team. The team that he chose to take responsabilty for. Again its just not about the banquet. Like I said its a pattern. He didn't double book by accident. I can tell you that.

Before you book something, ask the many people on your team that are helping you. Hey when is our banquet. Oh i forgot..it was an accident..

That's funny..

Edited by PhillyAl

You keep saying a its a pattern, what examples can you give if you claim to tell just THE TRUTH!!!!? and not spreading trash or rumors as you mentioned before?

He didn't double book by accident?

You can "tell me that" Really? you know what is going on in someones brain and on their schedule? Talented!

So his intentional "burn" to his team was to book two events on the same night and show up late. Ouch!

Pure evil.

Edited by Knoxdoyles

Ok, I've sat back and read enough....now, let's tell the whole truth without putting a spin on it:

Coaches Agenda:

1.Get someone very close to him and put her on a level that HE THINKS she deserves 

2. Give the same someone very close to him all the awards HE THINKS she should get.

These things did not happen last year in club so...he puts together HIS OWN CLUB so he can call the shots and no one can tell him "she doesn't deserve it". Gotta hand it to him. That's what you call doing what you have to do!  That's a dad that loves his kid right?!!