Bearden Volleyball

PhillyAl

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we have had a lot of discussion on this I asked a couple of my bearden volleyball friends what they thought. Here is what they said.

Yes the coach was late to the banquet.

Yes the banquet had been scheduled since July.

Yes the coach cuts practice early for a reason they do not know.

Yes the administration knows and is not very happy with how he handled things.

They all think the comments from spike4 are "probably" correct.

Yes I talked to more than one parent and yes some that I talked to are sending their daughter to   KVA and said they would not get involved in the discussion on this board.

Of the ones that are going to KVA and still think "spike4" is "probably" correct. I asked them why they are going to KVA and they all said "they just needed a change" and that their "daughters wanted a slower pace".

So take it for what its worth. That's what I was told and I have know idea if it is true or not. Just passing it along to you.

I sure wish there was a perfect club in the Knoxville area, because that is where we would be!  KVA is not perfect as we have all read (because everything on the internet is true).  PR just seems to be at a level above rec ball.  Nothing wrong with that unless you want to try to be the best and play against the best.  K2 has too many coaches that think screaming and cussing and demeaning the girls is the way to get the most out of them.  So we have KVA.  Time will only tell.  I, however, truly believe that KVA will prosper.  A lot of people in the knoxville club community know the director of KVA and have put their trust in him with their daughters.  For a third club to open in a town of less than 400k population, and start out with about eleven club teams, plus all the hybrid teams, tells me that the other clubs were not doing their jobs.

Again, only time will tell but my money is on KVA.   

This topic is not about having a "perfect" club. This post is merely stating truths about what went on with Bearden Volleyball. There is nothing I wrote that is false. I'm not saying one club or one player or one coach is better than anyone else. I'm telling you what went on. Like it or not, condon it or not. It happened.It happened all year. Bearden volleyball was second fiddle to KVA. Believe it or not the Administartion at Bearden isn't very happy about it either. They may not have said anything to the parties involved but they aren't happy. I don't care who the coach is. This is not about the "coach". This is about how the girls were treated this year. They may be too young to understand and their parents may not explain it the way it should be but it was wrong. All in the name of the man upstairs though, so its supposed to look right. WHATEVER!!!

Again...k2 club owner and high school coach puts K2 before her high school team. Webb doesn't even have tryouts until August. No training or practice over the summer at all because she has to focus on her business that supports sending her kid(s) to private school. The beach season takes up all the summer so high school ball waits.

Bhs coach was opening a new club whole coaching high school all summer too.

And I believe it, not, that the administration is not happy with bhs coach. AD was contacted directly to discuss this (brought on by your blog) and he said it's all BS. They love coach Dave. If you were having issues with him, or his "playing 2nd fiddle" all year, you should have spoke with someone, coach, AD whoever. But instead you choose to gripe here.

In the end, don't go to Webb next year because you aren't going to be happy that the coach there. She definitely puts club first.

The webb coach doesn't have volleyball stuff for webb because she knows the girls need a break from volleyball. It has nothing to do with K2. K2 is her only job. She has plenty of time to do both. She hasn't hurt a single kid. She may go overboard to be nice but that's about it.

Since Coach Dave is on this board reading as we speak. Let me ask him directly...

Coach. If you're daughter would have been on the 16-1 team last year, would you have opened a club? Please think about why you are doing this (you know...in the name of ..) before you answer. I wouldn't want you to have to lie. Iknow you are reading as we post.

Coach Dave doesn't read these. He was informed by others.

And he had been considering opening a club for years. Didn't do it because he was coaching at k2. Plus financially couldn't do it for years. That's what makes me laugh too. All you saying he opened a club for his daughter, really? A school teacher is going to financially up and start a club on a whim? I don't think so when his daughter only has two years left and already knows where she may be playing in college.

And if you believe that's why Webb doesn't practice all summer you are the naive volleyball parent. Have you spoken to any Webb parents? Many will tell you the reason they start late. Plus aren't Webb girls playing beach at k2? Then yes, they would need a break...two teams at the same time would be too much.

I don't think anyone used the coach's name by accident. That's him trolling the boards. You better check with the coach before you post incorrect data (you like my nice words?). He also allowed his daughter to post. What kind of coach or dad would do that. that's part of the coaching arena. When you throw your hat into the coaching arena you better make sure you are ready for critisism. Now he knows how it feels to be the k2 directors. Get off the boards and stop your daughter from posting. when you allow your daughter to post that allows others to bash!!!

• 3 weeks later...

What you people need to do is go back through all the posts for the last five years and see how many posts were bashing K2 and how many have been bashing KVA.  There has been a LOT more bashing KVA than K2 ever was.

Another thing I would suggest is to call Dave himself and ask him how long he has been coaching volleyball.  Sure, he is new to high school, but has been coaching longer than most of us have ever been a part of the sport.

If he started KVA because his daughter did not make the one team, SO WHAT?!? 

If you dont like it, then keep your money away from KVA.  Its that simple.