Bearden Volleyball

PhillyAl

Ok, I cant argue with what I dont know.  But there was some talk on CoachT back during SMJVC and beginning of K2 with not near the negative talk that we have today.  I just cant believe we have all the bad talk about someone wanting to start his/her own club for volleyball in our area.  I did not have a problem with K2 being formed.  After time, I just didnt like some of their philosophies and chose to go elsewhere.  I hope they stay around to keep everyone honest.  If one particular club does the right things, then word of mouth will make them the superior club to go to.  If not, then we will still have choices. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually this topic was started by me and it's supposed to be about Bearden Volleyball. There is a topic about "club volleyball".

It's a terrible shame that the coach lets his daughter on here. The bad mouthing of coaches is an "american past time". Not saying that's good but it is what it is. I know coaches come on here and read what is being said. That's normal (i wouildn't). To let your daughter get in the middle of it is pretty weird.

The coach did what he did at Bearden and there is nothing to change that. I know that there will be some good players not play volleyball for him next year. Which leads me into the other topic so I'll stop here in order to keep on topic.

The coach is a Joke and if you parents don't realize that he has one priority and one priority only thats too bad.

That all depends on what your definition of "trouble maker" is.

Definition #1 for Parent/player

Trouble Maker= a person who habitually causes difficulty or problems, esp. by inciting others to defy those in authority.Fighting with people. Telling people not to do something that their coach or boss has asked them to do. Getting drunk and telling their teammates to get drunk too. Never doing what the coach has asked you to do. Never (as a parent) volunteering to help with team needs.

Defintion #2 for player/parent

Trouble Maker = A player that does everything their coach asks them to do. A player that plays as hrd as she/he can every minute they are in the game. A player that cheers for his/her team while sitting on the bench. A parent that ALWAYS volunteers when there is something needed. A parent that Never says no when the coaches ask for help. A parent that calls out the coach when he/she knows the coach isn't treating therie child correctly. A parent who calls out the coach when he/she cares about something or someone more than his team.

Well sir. I'm guilty of definition #2. So if that's your definition of a "trouble maker" then sign me up as one. My guess is that most parents including yourself would be in that group too.

It's funny how around here when someone is guilty of something,and you call them out on it,YOUR THE BAD GUY. You get this reaction. Who told on me? I have to find out. They are gonna get it. .......That's what happens. Kinda like when you were a kid and you damaged someone's car and a man told your parents. All you wanted was to find out "who told on me, I'm gonna get them".

Clubonly. By your post it seems like you are an intelligent person. I think you get the point.

I dont know about that.  He has taken a team that didnt have the best talent and took them far each season.  There have been MUCH more talented teams in our area fizzle out because of bad coaching yet he was able to win when needed.  Its not all the players' doing, its the coach's also.  Like I said before, in club, he took his 2 team and beat the 1 team several times because he was a better coach. Just saying. 

Clubonly..Bearden was the most talented team in the district when he took over!! Thanks to K2 volleyball players. He didn't even have to coach his team. All he had to do was put in a lineup. It's the same way at Farragut. She doesn't even have to coach. The one team that doesn't have a lot of club talent is catholic so I would have to say that their two coaches have to coach. When the old coach and the new coach beat tough teams it's because they out coach them. The Bearden coach doesn't out coach any one. Philly is right, I hear the same thing. That the girls learned more from one of their players than they did from their head coach. What does that tell you?

K2ruth is correct. Bearden has been loaded for quite a few years. The only reason they are winning more is because the old coach played by the seniority rule. Her perogative but thats why they never went far. If you play the best players in this area you typically win.

Yes he gave some awards out after he got there. I was told he gave more out his first year. Didn't bother giving an offensive and defensive award out. That probably would have made him late for the end of his KVA meeting. Didn't talk about any of the seniors individually. He will next year though..Watch out who you walk over, they might just be standing at a door you need opened!

Edited by spike4