Bearden Volleyball

PhillyAl

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I was told that he gave offensive and defensive awards last year. I would hate to think that he didn't want to give certain players awards but I'm leaning towards agreeing with you. Never thought of it like that. Can't believe he would do that but then again I can. This would go hand in hand with the rumors that are out there. Now I'm thinking the rumors aren't rumors....BBV you really hit a nerve on this one.

He didn't give an offensive and defensive player award because he knew it wouldn't be his daughter so he decided not to give anyone the award. He did give best Server though. Didn't feel the need to give out Offensive and Defensive though. The defensive award would have gone to the Libero and I'm not sure he really wanted to give her anything. It's crazy how that works. The one girl on the team that has really proven herself and she gets no awards from her high school coach. There were two great offensive players also that could have been chosen but he didn't feel the need to showcase them either. Remember, this is the same coach that never once talked about nor recognized his senior class. I'm glad mine has decided not to play next year. She knew what he was like from day one but I told her she couldn't quit. I apologized to her after the season.

This has nothing to do with K2 vs KVA.. This topic is about Bearden Volleyball. There is a topic about club volleyball. Have you not seen that ORCAT?

Now since the "Bearden" coach chose to put his club before his high school team in a lot of instances this does have to do wit KVA. This has nothing to do with K2. If you would like to talk about KVA and K2 then post in the proper topic.

Please, I don't have a dog in the hunt, and don't doubt that you are a Bearden parent that is not happy with your coach and that is fair.

BUT several of these other posters are affiliated with K2 and may have other agendas.

I will agree that I think it is a problem when a high school coach runs a club. It is a conflict. The high school coach should be dedicated to her school, not using that position to make money.

Pick one or the other.

I dont know how in the world we could tell a person they can not start a travel volleyball program with their own time. As long as current rules and laws are not broken, I dont see a problem with it. We are VERY limited in good coaching around here. There are simply not enough coaches to go around, so when we have one that has the desire to help the girls in the off season, we should be happy with that. Luckily we have more than one choice for club.

If you dont like your high school coach, MOVE! You have that right! Nobody is stopping you. Or take J's advice and just dont play high school. Otherwise, just put up with it like the rest of us have. I dont think you realize how many girls around here have coaches much worse than what you have at Bearden. At some point you will have to drop the bad attitude and play with the cards you have been dealt, or fold. It is the way it is.

We wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

I totally agree with EVERYTHING you just posted. Anyone can start a business no matter what. I have never said that The coach shouldn't have started his club. What I do believe has been stated in all of my post. Many Many people can have 2 jobs and do a great job with them. Most do a great job juggling them and devoting all the time to both that are needed. He, however, has not. That doesn't mean he isn't allowed to have two jobs. He just doesn't know how to treat both the same.

You are also correct when you say you can either play high school or not. We will not. I will work with those around to get them not to play too. That way our girls can stay together and train during the fall in order to get better. We all have choices to make. I am not one to criticize and then continue doing what I 've been criticizing. We will not be playing and I think I speak for a lot of others.

Merry Christmas. This is a great avenue to voice opinions. Clubonly..You keep your views on target and that's what this board is supposed to be about. HAVE FUN TOMORROW!! 

• 1 month later...

Someone asked me today if I thought The bearden coach would come back next year.

I said....BLA hahahahahahah

Thats a for sure thing. He would never let anyone else coach his daughter. That's why he started his club. Gotta make sure she gets what HE thinks she deserves. The only way that happens is if he controls the situation.  We've gone over this many many times!!

ORCAT. Either you play dumb or you truly know nothing about the game. I'm hoping you are just playing. Lets go through the 3.

1. The coach at halls could win with the teams Bearden has had. Coach Dave will quit Bearden after his daughter leaves therefore this discussion doesn't matter. He can't coach. It was said before that there was a player on his team that did most of the coaching. Her and the asst coaches ment more to my daughter than anyone.

2. Coach Foster use to be a good coach. About 20 years ago. She has no idea whats going on now. She had decent talent and lost. That tells me she is terrible. Nice lady (i think).

3. Catholic coach. Have no idea about that fellow. He can't beat CAK and their coach is a joke. Since this is his first year he gets a free pass. Let's see what he does next year.

BTW...He will not be coaching my daughter any more. She will be training with better coaches.