South Pitt vs. Fayetteville (Moore man against this Palmer man)

Roy Dillard

I tried to tell them on another post that I bet it's less than 1% that actuall lives in jasper and plays for SP. Now, Kimball....that's a different story...but still don't think it's too high. Most kids that play at Marion County their parents(or at least one of them) went there. Same at SP. The best in recent years may have been The Hale Brothers playing at SP and the Muir boy playing at MC. Like I said , less than 1%.

Muir boy, your starting to hurt my feelings there Mike. His name was Joe Muir.........

There you go with that open enrollment stupidness again. 

You just don't want to admit that open enrollment is a advantage, but it is. Fayetteville City High School, will have the same advantage. This is from the Fayetteville City School website. REMEMBER: YOUR CHILD IS ELIGIBLE FOR ANY SPORT AT FAYETTEVILE HIGH, EVEN IF THEY PARTICIPATED AT NGA OR ANY K-8 COUNTY SCHOOL LAST YEAR. THIS IS ACCORDING TO TSSAA RULES. I say this this is similar to the advantage that Private Schools have over Public schools.

You just don't want to admit that open enrollment is a advantage, but it is. Fayetteville City High School, will have the same advantage. This is from the Fayetteville City School website. REMEMBER: YOUR CHILD IS ELIGIBLE FOR ANY SPORT AT FAYETTEVILE HIGH, EVEN IF THEY PARTICIPATED AT NGA OR ANY K-8 COUNTY SCHOOL LAST YEAR. THIS IS ACCORDING TO TSSAA RULES. I say this this is similar to the advantage that Private Schools have over Public schools.

Not at SP...

I and PirateMike already explained to you the situation. In a small county, it isn't a big advantage and what few have done it, it has canceled out for the schools.  Furthermore, you can't just switch schools in Marion County system to play football or that Childress man would be conducting an investigation unless they do that before they play in the 9th grade.  Once they are on a team, they have to sit out a year.  The reason the MC system has allowed open enrollment had to do with academics which is separate from TSSAA athletics.   For example, when the Muir boys started playing for Jasper, had they came back to SP, they would have had to sit out for a year. 

Marion County has their schools zoned with set bus routes.  Here is what the TSSAA bylaws say about that:

Territory
– For a public school, the “territory†of the school is the geographic boundaries and bus routes of the area served by that school as established by the local board of education. For a system-wide public school, the “territory†of the school is the geographic boundaries of the school system. For a non-public school, the “territory†of the school is the area within a twenty (20) mile radius from the school.

Here is what the Marion County School System says about students attending a school they are not zoned for:

Up to two (2) weeks prior to the beginning of the school year, a student may choose to attend a school
within the system other than the one to which he/she is zoned on a space available basis as determined
by the principal.** Space available is determined by the number of teachers currently assigned to the
school. However, the student must provide his/her own transportation to and from the school.
After a student has enrolled in one (1) school within the system, he/she will not be permitted to transfer
to another unless there is a change in residence of the student’s parents or guardian outside the area in
which the student enrolled. Any exception to this policy must be brought before the director of schools
for evaluation and decision

http://www.marionschools.org/Download.asp?L=1&LMID=431441&PN=DocumentUploads&DivisionID=10287&DepartmentID=&SubDepartmentID=&SubP=&Act=Download&T=1&I=165210

TSSAA Territory defined on page 6 and transfers covered in section 11.

http://www.tssaa.org/handbook/handbook.pdf

Consider yourself educated on M.C.  Blount County is a completely different scenario and Marion County is truly open enrolled in the context people think.