South Pitt vs. Fayetteville (Moore man against this Palmer man)

Roy Dillard

I was looking at that weather tomorrow and it is supposed to rain.  That Moore man better get our boys some extra long cleats so they can run real fast and nock a hole.  That Moore man better keep his balls dry so our runners and passer can hold onto them and not fumble.  That Palmer man is going to try some new tricks so our boys better be ready.  You think im joking but im not.

Do you think that Moore man has soaked footballs in a tub of water and made them boys carry  wet and slippery ball?

@855fan--I'm with you!  This week has been the slowest week in history.  You can be loud all you want, the TIGER NATION will be rockin' your visitor's stands so they hear us in Scottsboro. 

@Falconstatman, I agree with you, although contrary to what falconfan01says, I don't think the primary purpose for the city school system was to create a high school to win championships.  It's a little too early to mention City in the same breath as So. Pitt, Union City, or Nashville Christian as a football powerhouse.  It is going to take at least five more years of bustin' it to get to anywhere near that level, and slowly the team roster will grow. I will say our school already has a two-time State Champion in women's tennis, with a possibility of repeating again two more times before she graduates.  I was in favor of the split as a way to offer Lincoln County parents and students alternatives to the established county system and school.  The elementary schools of both of our systems are bursting at the seams, so much so that the county system is looking to build a new elementary school.  We (I think) started the new high school to accommodate and prepare for the growing numbers of Lincoln County's children.

While some city students have transferred to county, and vice versa, it's been the vocal minority of LCHS parents that have continued to complain that a new school is a threat to the status quo.  Ask any of the kids at either school and they'll tell you they are there because that's where they want to be.  Granted, we have kids leave our school after the eighth grade because big brother or sister went to county and it's family tradition.  I have no problem with that.  It will take several years for it to become a natural thing to want to stay at a school all 12 years.  But to come back to my point of the fabricated "us vs them" mentality, at our first home basketball game this Monday, there were easily a dozen county students there cheering for city.  My boys and I still attend LCHS soccer or football games to support the athletes and classmates that they grew up with.  The kids don't see it like some parents do.  I firmly believe and have said it on this forum that from our roster, probably 5 would see any kind of playing time with the county team.  Coach Palmer and his staff have  developed and taught this team that they can compete with anyone at their level, even those kids who would never have considered football as a sport they could play.  And with such a small roster size, they're pretty much guaranteed some field time. I am a Fayetteville Tiger first, but a Lincoln County fan nevertheless.  All three of our high schools are starting to enjoy success, each of us on our own level, and that success will continue.  We each get support from local business and radio stations to promote our schools and programs, as well as the local newspaper. 

rlh-- # 32, D. Thompson, is a Junior.  When he got hurt sometime (early) in the first quarter making a cut on the wet turf, I admit I was nervous for the outcome of the game.  BUT, the team filled in the gaps like they've done so many times this year, losses due to injuries, etc.  and they pulled together to get a definitive win.  We'll do that again tomorrow.  He'll be on the sidelines with the other walking wounded and he'll be with them on the field in spirit.  He's a Tiger!

Okay, since I'm outnumbered on this thread like 80 to 1, I think I've taken up enough space, except to say:

WATCH OUT YOU PIRATES, THE TIGERS ARE COMING TO YOUR HOUSE TOMORROW!  We're going to be loud, we're going to hit, we're going to run, we're going pass, we're going to block, we're going to kick, and we're going to POUNCE on each and every mistake you make.  And every mistake your boys make will BITE THEM!  You will remember November 22 2013 as the day THE FAYETTEVILLE TIGERS CAME TO SOUTH PITTSBURG!  YOU WILL REMEMBER THE TIGERS! 

WE'RE GOING TO BURN YOUR CROPS AND SOW SALT ON YOUR FIELDS.  Wait, maybe not that last part!  Ooh Rah!  GO TIGERS!

Better not forget about #3 Trey Emmons. Might not be real big but he is quick as a cat and can get the job done.The freshman back (also an Emmons) is not bad either.

I was looking at that weather tomorrow and it is supposed to rain. That Moore man better get our boys some extra long cleats so they can run real fast and nock a hole. That Moore man better keep his balls dry so our runners and passer can hold onto them and not fumble. That Palmer man is going to try some new tricks so our boys better be ready. You think im joking but im not.

someone needs to bring a towel for Moore's balls. Actually I hope he soaked his practice balls this week.

Better not forget about #3 Trey Emmons. Might not be real big but he is quick as a cat and can get the job done.The freshman back (also an Emmons) is not bad either.

Are they any relationship to Fayetteville's assistant coach Bobby Emmons. I remember when Bobby Emmons played at the old Fayetteville Central. He was a good running back and then later played for the University of Tennessee.

Chicken Dave I am as well. Watching these guys highlights, it's evident to me that they have a good team.

ambassador these folks will be loaded for bear ! I have watched the film and they have a clear advantage ! Pirate fans if you think for one minute the team is in for a cake walk you will surely feel different real quick! I tell you pirates Pull it together boys play hard give it all you got! If you give a starter a break than get your butt in there and play every down like it's your last game! You don't for one second think I'm just letting somebody rest! Every dag gum play matters! One final note make sure you make the stop! Let the next man to the ball worry about stripping the ball! Play play play! Stay focused and make sure you give all you got! It's a lot better to be the one doing the hitting then one getting hit! Line you need to take control ! Step up guys step up !