Upperman host ND

Go ahead and get used to the apparent football geniuses over at the U. Oddly enough, no one ever heard a peep out of any of them before this year... They mostly come to these boards to hype up their boy York. At points this year, you would have thought he was the Heisman favorite the way they talk about him.

This is hilarious, this guy started his account after the season started and is calling out noobie Upperman fans. The black kettle said to the black pot " you are really black pot"

ND does not run the read option. They run the ball, they pass the ball, they run play action...then they line up in the wildcat and pound it at you. There is no "read" and no "option".

They have good athletes in all the skill positions and a tough group of linemen. And they are mostly underclassmen.

Just clearing up some of the things stated earlier about their O. And for speed, no one on the field will be as fast as Banks. During the Boyd B v ND broadcast the announcer said he ran a 10.6 100m in a track event.

Edited by Charlie Murphy

Hey, the last time the Notre Dame team said an Upper-Cumberland super quarterback couldn't score on them: 2005 at Livingston Academy. To beat Upperman, you have to play four quarters of fundamentally sound defensive football. If at any point you take a play off, they will probably be standing in the end-zone. Connor York is the real deal at the HS level. I have Upperman winning in a high scoring one.

• Upvote 1

Whatever happens, it will be a high scoring game.  Could be the game of the week.  Not a fan of either team but have seen Upperman several times, they can score some points.  I expect ND to be more disciplined on defense.   Tyner being so undisciplined on offense is why they scored so much against Upperman.  They did a lot of reverse field runs that should never work, but did.  I expect a good game.

Edited by options86

Hey, the last time the Notre Dame team said an Upper-Cumberland super quarterback couldn't score on them: 2005 at Livingston Academy. To beat Upperman, you have to play four quarters of fundamentally sound defensive football. If at any point you take a play off, they will probably be standing in the end-zone. Connor York is the real deal at the HS level. I have Upperman winning in a high scoring one.

+10
  • Upvote 1

Guest Termite

Go ahead and get used to the apparent football geniuses over at the U. Oddly enough, no one ever heard a peep out of any of them before this year... They mostly come to these boards to hype up their boy York. At points this year, you would have thought he was the Heisman favorite the way they talk about him.

Maybe didn't hear much from Baxter before this year, but it's been a while since anybody has hears from ND either.The last time ND played a team up this way,(with a 5-5regular season record), they beat ND with a hyped QB. That shut the program down for 8 years. They just recovered this year. So, "ODDLY ENOUGH" nobody has heard a peep from them.

At times, York does look Manziellish. If Baxter wins, does that set the program back again for another 8 years?

ND does not run the read option. They run the ball, they pass the ball, they run play action...then they line up in the wildcat and pound it at you. There is no "read" and no "option".

They have good athletes in all the skill positions and a tough group of linemen. And they are mostly underclassmen.

Just clearing up some of the things stated earlier about their O. And for speed, no one on the field will be as fast as Banks. During the Boyd B v ND broadcast the announcer said he ran a 10.6 100m in a track event.

True, and he dead lifts 500lbs.