Private schools could win all 3 lower football classifications.

old24eagle

NCS could win 1A , GCA most likely will win 2A , CAK and CPA have a solid chance at 3A , and Knox Catholic is even still in the mix for 4A. I dont know exact figures but Private schools make up a VERY small % of participants in D1 yet somehow there are still several winning and going deep in the playoffs every year. If this trend continues could public schools force a split? Should public schools threaten to start their own association if TSSAA doesnt do something. TSSAA isn't top notch anyway why wouldnt we want something better and do away with the privates. Look at surrounding states whose association doesnt let privates do whatever they want and the privates are the ones who want in their own league cause they cant compete with the publics when they are forced to follow the same rules as everyone else.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCS could win 1A , GCA most likely will win 2A , CAK and CPA have a solid chance at 3A , and Knox Catholic is even still in the mix for 4A. I dont know exact figures but Private schools make up a VERY small % of participants in D1 yet somehow there are still several winning and going deep in the playoffs every year. If this trend continues could public schools force a split? Should public schools threaten to start their own association if TSSAA doesnt do something. TSSAA isn't top notch anyway why wouldnt we want something better and do away with the privates. Look at surrounding states whose association doesnt let privates do whatever they want and the privates are the ones who want in their own league cause they cant compete with the publics when they are forced to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Now we can do some talking. Private high schools make up 22% of overall high schools in Tennessee, of high schools that have varsity 11 man football they make up 14%, I've not done the numbers to see the % after you take out the private schools that play D-II but obviously that % would go down even farther. I'm betting your 10% is pretty accurate.

Another thing to look at is the joke the tssaa played on the public schools. If the multiplier were at 5, we would still be playing the same Private schools in 2a. If several private schools chose to stay in d1, we would be right where we were before the multiplier, 2A would still have DCA, FRA, USJ, FC, and I'm sure I've left out a few. These schools can come back anytime they want to .The 6 class thing is what done it, without 6 classes ,alot of these schools would be in what used to be 3a. Its a dang joke, but not a funny one.

Another thing to look at is the joke the tssaa played on the public schools. If the multiplier were at 5, we would still be playing the same Private schools in 2a. If several private schools chose to stay in d1, we would be right where we were before the multiplier, 2A would still have DCA, FRA, USJ, FC, and I'm sure I've left out a few. These schools can come back anytime they want to .The 6 class thing is what done it, without 6 classes ,alot of these schools would be in what used to be 3a. Its a dang joke, but not a funny one.

5 classifications with the playoff system like it was (top 4 get in) and take out the privates would be great in my opinion. The multiplier is worthless. If you have enough students to play sports you should at the minimum be 4A if your going to insist on playing with the publics. What those private guys dont realize or care about is the fact that our kids are different, our parents are different , our coaches are different and our communities are different. GCA's program more closely resembles Maryville and Greeneville than it does , Hampton , Cosby , or Oneida.

5 classifications with the playoff system like it was (top 4 get in) and take out the privates would be great in my opinion. The multiplier is worthless. If you have enough students to play sports you should at the minimum be 4A if your going to insist on playing with the publics. What those private guys dont realize or care about is the fact that our kids are different, our parents are different , our coaches are different and our communities are different. GCA's program more closely resembles Maryville and Greeneville than it does , Hampton , Cosby , or Oneida.

One thing that comes to mind for me is the money. They said anyone could have the things thery have if they were just willing to work for it. I'm sure if you took the income of all the parents at Cosby and and Grace, Graces parents would at least double that of Cosby.

If there was a split I think 3 classes would be plenty, Tennessee already hands out championships like candy on Halloween, there's 8 per year. Tennessee high school football is kind of a joke nationally if you get on a few of those sites, a big reason is because of so many championships given each year.

If there was a split I think 3 classes would be plenty, Tennessee already hands out championships like candy on Halloween, there's 8 per year. Tennessee high school football is kind of a joke nationally if you get on a few of those sites, a big reason is because of so many championships given each year.

I'm dead against that Crow, you might have teams like Jellico playing Alcoa. That wouldn't be funny for noone.

One thing that comes to mind for me is the money. They said anyone could have the things thery have if they were just willing to work for it. I'm sure if you took the income of all the parents at Cosby and and Grace, Graces parents would at least double that of Cosby.

Oh yeah! that dude ticked me off when he called us lazy! They think we are all car thieves over here too. They wanted to know if we could provide extra security for the parking lot last time they were here cause they were afraid someone would steal their Escalade. I havent seen a vehicle stolen outta our parking lot at school ever. Only seen a couple vandalized and that was ticked off away team fans as they were walking off their butt whoopin!

I have not stopped fund raising in almost 10 years probably have raised about 50 - 75 thousand dollars. since it costs about 10 grand per season (minimum) to run a football program that doesnt leave much to go toward a new rug. That costs more than they said it did too. They may have gotten a discount since it was a church project.

Oh yeah! that dude ticked me off when he called us lazy! They think we are all car thieves over here too. They wanted to know if we could provide extra security for the parking lot last time they were here cause they were afraid someone would steal their Escalade. I havent seen a vehicle stolen outta our parking lot at school ever. Only seen a couple vandalized and that was ticked off away team fans as they were walking off their butt whoopin!

I have not stopped fund raising in almost 10 years probably have raised about 50 - 75 thousand dollars. since it costs about 10 grand per season (minimum) to run a football program that doesnt leave much to go toward a new rug. That costs more than they said it did too. They may have gotten a discount since it was a church project.

Yeah he compared us to 3 established private schools and a 6a team. As far as I know ,Grace is the only 2a team in the state with a field like that .The things they say amaze me sometimes. It took them a very short time to get the great facilities they enjoy. Most of the schools in 2a have been around for 50 years or longer.

Yeah he compared us to 3 established private schools and a 6a team. As far as I know ,Grace is the only 2a team in the state with a field like that .The things they say amaze me sometimes. It took them a very short time to get the great facilities they enjoy. Most of the schools in 2a have been around for 50 years or longer.

Ive seen some 2A and even some 1A publics with nice playing surfaces. Yalls at Hampton aint bad at all , Greenback is nice , Oneida , Coalfield both are nice, Heck ours aint bad early in the season but sharing with MS , 3 little league teams and girls soccer wears it out by mid season. But I cant imagine any of us being able to afford carpet without someone really close to the program hitting the lottery.

I'd say the budget was pretty accurate for the purchased material. The thing I wonder is how much material like gravel, sand, concrete, and labor were donated? Obviously that number could be as much as material that had to be purchased. Yeah I know volunteers from the church and school can do some to cut cost (believe me we all know about volunteering) but things like I listed are specialty materials or skilled labor, not many folks can volunteer that.

Hey I found my 3 buddies, crow eagle & Pujo! You guys been hanging out over here talking about me/us! Look, I get the whole public vs private feelings you guys share. If you stuck to comments like privates should play in their own divisions, etc., you probably never would have heard from me. I stuck my nose in when all the personal insults/comments started. Couple of things: I don't drive an escalade, don't want one, couldn't afford one if I did. My wife and I both work so our kids can get a Christian education. That doesn't make us elitists, it just means we're willing to make some sacrifices for our children. I don't know how much $ you make. I know how much I make. It probably is twice as much as some people. It's also probable that a lot of folks make twice as much as I do. Don't see why it's relevant but it keeps getting talked about. Bottom line is, you don't like playing us. I understand that. Drop the personal vendettas and criticism and we'll get along fine.