Big 7 Conference

tennesseestud2013

I really wasn't bragging about the 3 wins to start 2014 - which is now 4 wins with a good performance at South last night.

I was (poorly I admit) doing, was disputing the so called DB fans who have taken too bashing Charlie Morgan as a coach, this team and the DB Basketball Program.

Charlie Morgan is a great coach and DB is lucky he has stayed in Kingsport. He has his system of getting a team ready for tournament time and it does not change. Every team makes the post season in HS Basketball - and Morgan has always played 12-14 players all game long during Nov-Dec to determine who the 8-10 players are that will make his team the strongest for post season. He is a tough coach to play for and he does not take any crap from players or parents. Good for him.

Now - this DB team has the most talent Morgan has had in 10 seasons - (no question about it). And Morgan has them playing at a different level since Jan 1 - like 3 levels up. The Post game is getting 40 pts a game - and the team shooting percentage is souring. It took Foreman 8 weeks to get football out of his system, he is now playing like the best PG in the District.

I have no clue what the comment about the Harlem Globetrotters was about?? There not on DB's schedule - was that about the make up of the team?

Friday night

Roll Tribe Roll

I really wasn't bragging about the 3 wins to start 2014 - which is now 4 wins with a good performance at South last night.

I was (poorly I admit) doing, was disputing the so called DB fans who have taken too bashing Charlie Morgan as a coach, this team and the DB Basketball Program.

Charlie Morgan is a great coach and DB is lucky he has stayed in Kingsport. He has his system of getting a team ready for tournament time and it does not change. Every team makes the post season in HS Basketball - and Morgan has always played 12-14 players all game long during Nov-Dec to determine who the 8-10 players are that will make his team the strongest for post season. He is a tough coach to play for and he does not take any crap from players or parents. Good for him.

Now - this DB team has the most talent Morgan has had in 10 seasons - (no question about it). And Morgan has them playing at a different level since Jan 1 - like 3 levels up. The Post game is getting 40 pts a game - and the team shooting percentage is souring. It took Foreman 8 weeks to get football out of his system, he is now playing like the best PG in the District.

I have no clue what the comment about the Harlem Globetrotters was about?? There not on DB's schedule - was that about the make up of the team?

Friday night

Roll Tribe Roll

I just have to comment on this. Patrick Good from Crockett is the best PG in the district and it's not even close. The kid is a Sophomore and averaging 30-40 points a game. In fact, he almost single-handedly beat your Indians at the Dome a month ago. Foreman is a good player but the Good kid is by far the best player in this area.

I just have to comment on this. Patrick Good from Crockett is the best PG in the district and it's not even close. The kid is a Sophomore and averaging 30-40 points a game. In fact, he almost single-handedly beat your Indians at the Dome a month ago. Foreman is a good player but the Good kid is by far the best player in this area.

Your right... I forgot about Good. Their going to have to change his name to Patrick Great.

I am going to guess if the Topper fans stick around after their girls play, they wont recognize this Indians team

Congrats to the Vikings on beating SH. Morgan is going to get the Toppers started on a new streak - 2 in a row

Roll Tribe Roll

Your right... I forgot about Good. Their going to have to change his name to Patrick Great.

I am going to guess if the Topper fans stick around after their girls play, they wont recognize this Indians team

Congrats to the Vikings on beating SH. Morgan is going to get the Toppers started on a new streak - 2 in a row

Roll Tribe Roll

Patrick Good is going to be one of the best players in this state by the time he's a Senior. He's already considered one of the top underclassmen but give him 2 more years and look out! That kid has all the tools to be one of the very best. Crockett is a completely different team with him with him out there on the court. The kid is something special and there isn't a player in this area that comes close to being as good as he is.

Just as the Indians little streak had to end in football so did the Toppers in basketball. Truth of the matter is, the streak should've ended weeks ago but this Topper team has been overachieving thus far. The loss to TN High is honestly something I expected. Truth be told, they should've beat us the first time we played them a few weeks ago. The Vikings may be the best team in the conference this season. If SH loses Friday night will anyone really be shocked? No. The Indians should win that game. They should've won the first time they played last month too. Look, as I've said before, this is the worst Topper team in decades. If you're going to beat up on them, better do it now. The JV and Freshman teams are full of talent.

Edited by AlumnI01

Good but expected win for the Indians tonight. I wasn't able to go but had a friend there and he called the crowd(for both sides)pathetic. What a shame to hear. I remember when these games used to be the biggest ticket in town. Standing room only and wild, enthusiastic fans. Has the biggest basketball rivalry in the Tri-Cities really turned into Crockett/Boone? What's this would coming to?!

Edited by AlumnI01