Big 7 Conference

tennesseestud2013

Crockett wins with SH players. Good win. No pun intended. I was at the game and am really puzzled to why all the SH fans were clapping for the other team? I saw the parents of some SH players cheering for the pioneers? Did I miss something??! I know Good was at SH but left. He chose to leave. I think Cutlip does a good job cause they have won at least 25 games every year he's been there. What do people not like about him? I have not met him personally except from what I see at games and seems intense but is for the kids.

First of all what sense would it make for the Good kid to continue going to SH with his dad coaching at Crockett? Second the SH fans have a lot of respect for Coach Good because of all that he has done for the program. Third the kids do not belong to SH. I don't know why people are saying Crockett is winning with "SH's players". Lastly winning is not everything. I was at the game Friday and I just observed the handshake between Cutlip and Good. Cutlip did not move at all and Good had to go all the way to the SH bench just to shake hands. Just shows what kind of character people have when they're faced with adversity.

I spoke with JG the day he took the Crockett job and he put it rather reasonably...'' If I were moving to Florida to coach, Patrick would go with me there why not Jonesborough? I think the SH fans respect him for his ability to instruct the boys. I can remember watching SH during their recent streak and saying one coach is coaching one is teaching u could tell on the bench which was which. SH is just like any other school in the area they want to see one of theirs succeed especially alumni.

I spoke with JG the day he took the Crockett job and he put it rather reasonably...'' If I were moving to Florida to coach, Patrick would go with me there why not Jonesborough? I think the SH fans respect him for his ability to instruct the boys. I can remember watching SH during their recent streak and saying one coach is coaching one is teaching u could tell on the bench which was which. SH is just like any other school in the area they want to see one of theirs succeed especially alumni.

You are correct. I'm a SH alum and couldn't be happier for John Good, Patrick, Brendan Coleman and the rest of the Pioneer team about their win over my Toppers the other night. John is a SH alum, played a big role in SH's success over the years as an assistant and is very well respected by the community. Hated to see him leave SH to take over at Crockett but completely understand why he did. SH fans were cheering for his team Friday night because he's one of our own, he's a good guy and his team deserved the win. He and his family are still a big part of the SH family and always will be.

Edited by AlumnI01

You are correct. I'm a SH alum and couldn't be happier for John Good, Patrick, Brendan Coleman and the rest of the Pioneer team about their win over my Toppers the other night. John is a SH alum, played a big role in SH's success over the years as an assistant and is very well respected by the community. Hated to see him leave SH to take over at Crockett but completely understand why he did. SH fans were cheering for his team Friday night because he's one of our own, he's a good guy and his team deserved the win. He and his family are still a big part of the SH family and always will be.