Big 7 Conference

tennesseestud2013

numnuts,

Just talked to friend today whose son is on the football team at SH. According to him, Mikey White is not transferring. He said he isn't sure about basketball but that Mikey will be playing football for the Hilltoppers next year. You hearing anything like this? As of a week ago, it sounded like he was still moving to Crockett.

Im not suprised at all. As soon as Morgan said this was his best group ever I knew we were in trouble. And then f Art Fandalay chiming in was like the final nail in the coffin. We're stuck with Morgan until he desides to retire and then we'll hire somebody even worse.

If you all actually had a good coach, this year's DB squad could've been scary good. You all have got the talent. Shame to see it go to waste year after year over there in Kingsport.

Edited by AlumnI01

How soon I forgot , we had to stArt bowling because we couldn't win anything else, I wonder if people ask is the band coming like they do in football, it's been along time since anyone has ask me about the football team before a game ,but they always ask about the band , why is that?

Because the band is always good. They're very consistent.

As for the sports teams, you all do have some good coaches leading your teams but basketball isn't one of them. Nothing personal against Coach Morgan. He seems like a good guy. He just isn't a very good coach.

This basketball team is a joke. Comparing this team to the Science Hill teams of the past, lol. I had friends on those Science Hill team and those teams were great, outstanding and every other great word you can say about a team. We have the most underachieving basketball program with the last 20 years. We have a average program and it should not be that way. I am so sick of all the hype of this great basketball team. I knew deep down Science Hill had this conference when they beat them in December. We play an average of 20 to 25 games a year as Science Hill plays 30 games+ a year at least. I don't know the financial particular of DB's athletic program, but IMO this basketball program should be more advertised in other classics. Screw all this get better after the holidays. You play to get better each game, month and so on. Morgan is a average coach who goes average with great talent and vice versa. I am sure I will get eaten up by this post, but that is my opinion. There is no excuses for this team to be how they are this year. I don't care if Love is not playing til after the holidays, this team and program is a disappointment to me. I respect Science Hill with what they do in basketball and they are king of basketball in East Tennessee. Science Hill will be Science Hill and I am not hating. I am giving due where it is due.   

Edited by tennesseestud2013

This basketball team is a joke. Comparing this team to the Science Hill teams of the past, lol. I had friends on those Science Hill team and those teams were great, outstanding and every other great word you can say about a team. We have the most underachieving basketball program with the last 20 years. We have a average program and it should not be that way. I am so sick of all the hype of this great basketball team. I knew deep down Science Hill had this conference when they beat them in December. We play an average of 20 to 25 games a year as Science Hill plays 30 games+ a year at least. I don't know the financial particular of DB's athletic program, but IMO this basketball program should be more advertised in other classics. Screw all this get better after the holidays. You play to get better each game, month and so on. Morgan is a average coach who goes average with great talent and vice versa. I am sure I will get eaten up by this post, but that is my opinion. There is no excuses for this team to be how they are this year. I don't care if Love is not playing til after the holidays, this team and program is a disappointment to me. I respect Science Hill with what they do in basketball and they are king of basketball in East Tennessee. Science Hill will be Science Hill and I am not hating. I am giving due where it is due.   

A few of us have been discussing this in the Arby's thread. Since you're a DB fan, can you tell us why the basketball team dropped out of the Arby's after playing 2 games?

Look, I don't know what exactly is going on over there in Kingsport but things just aren't clicking for whatever reason. Your team had all the hype coming into this season. By far the most experienced and talented squad in the Big 7 this year and definitely the best team DB has had in 15-20 years. This team looks excellent on paper. However, on the court, they look unprepared and frustrated. They're 5-9 or something overall, with 6 straight losses. Is that right? Like you said, there is no excuse for that. None. I don't care that they're missing the Love kid either. This DB team should have no more than 3, 4 at the most, losses right now. They absolutely should not have lost to SH, TN High or Cleveland. And to be totally honest, they really should've beaten Knox Webb, Oakland and the team from Mentor, OH. Instead, all 3 of those teams beat them pretty good. I don't know if it's simply coaching or what. If I was a DB fan I know I would be looking for some answers. You all have far too much talent year in and year out to keep putting these average teams on the floor. 

• Upvote 1