Big 7 Conference

tennesseestud2013

A few of us have been discussing this in the Arby's thread. Since you're a DB fan, can you tell us why the basketball team dropped out of the Arby's after playing 2 games?

Look, I don't know what exactly is going on over there in Kingsport but things just aren't clicking for whatever reason. Your team had all the hype coming into this season. By far the most experienced and talented squad in the Big 7 this year and definitely the best team DB has had in 15-20 years. This team looks excellent on paper. However, on the court, they look unprepared and frustrated. They're 5-9 or something overall, with 6 straight losses. Is that right? Like you said, there is no excuse for that. None. I don't care that they're missing the Love kid either. This DB team should have no more than 3, 4 at the most, losses right now. They absolutely should not have lost to SH, TN High or Cleveland. And to be totally honest, they really should've beaten Knox Webb, Oakland and the team from Mentor, OH. Instead, all 3 of those teams beat them pretty good. I don't know if it's simply coaching or what. If I was a DB fan I know I would be looking for some answers. You all have far too much talent year in and year out to keep putting these average teams on the floor. 

From what I heard is 3 kids are in the band and they are in the Rose Bowl Parade. Another one was on the football team and went to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. So, they decided to go the house because of who knows, smh. This team is a joke, an absolute joke....

I know, we got problems.... I am waiting for the bashing I am fixing to get....

Sad to see how far DB basketball has fallen. Its to the point where nobody even cares enough to bash tennesseestud for his negative comments. DB fans are now used to having a average to below average team. A head coach that exempts himself from losing any game before January by calling it practice. Then after a 6 game losing streak and a embarressing showing in the Arbys brags about hows he's turned the team around after beating a team with only "1" win on their docket. Buck would be ashamed of what has happened to the program.

Sad to see how far DB basketball has fallen. Its to the point where nobody even cares enough to bash tennesseestud for his negative comments. DB fans are now used to having a average to below average team. A head coach that exempts himself from losing any game before January by calling it practice. Then after a 6 game losing streak and a embarressing showing in the Arbys brags about hows he's turned the team around after beating a team with only "1" win on their docket. Buck would be ashamed of what has happened to the program.

It really is sad.

DB is either first or second in the nation in wins, and we seem to be a million miles from where we were when Buck ran things. But, how long has it been? Buck probably finished about 90/91 time frame, I guess. 

How many folks involved in the school system today were around when Buck was there? How many of those folks understand what DB basketball was?

Shipley fairly well left the program in disarray, and the Carrie Daniels experiment was an abject failure. I will give Morgan some credit for beating some very good Knoxville teams. I think we know exactly what we are going to get from Morgan at this point. Are folks pleased with his level of performance?

Charlie Morgan's DB team is just fine thanks. 3-0 in 2014 - winning by 25 ppg - offense is clicking and the post players are dominating. Get South on the road Tuesday night - get the Toppers at home Friday night. It's going to be a great week for DB basketball.

Wacky- you know you haven't seen a basketball game at the dome since Buck was coaching - remember- that time your mom didn't show up to pick you after school and you had to stay late. You started griping about the coaching, saying Leroy Sprankle was rolling over in his grave.

Roll Tribe Roll