Club volleyball in knoxville

bigbluevolley

Hardangle and Bigbluevolley, you guys are correct.  This was not the time or the place for me to vent my frustrations.  I jumped in to defend the club I love and my child.  I do apologize.  It is pretty childish once you sit back and look at it.  I like Dave as a person, not as a coach.  I don't agree with some of what's being said and I let it get to me which i shouldn't have done.  I am a better person than that.  Bigblue, I don't believe this is the direction that you were trying to go with this and if it makes you feel any better, I will not fall into the trap any longer.  Although, I meant what I said, this wasn't the time or the place.  I apologize if it offended you guys.

VBlife99 has ruined this post but we will get it back.

Some people just have to hate. Go and play at your club. You chose it. You didn't like k2 and now you have a choice. Competition is good in the business arena. KVA has allowed peolpe to have another option. Those that chose to go to KVA should be happy. Those that chose to go to K2 are happy. No need to bash. Just talk in truths.

• Upvote 1

Let's take that last post and expound on it.

Did starting a third club in this relatively small community help the girls or hurt them. Please know that these are opinions only. There is no wrong or right. Just thoughts.

knoxvolley I would love to hear your opinion on this. I would love to hear everyones opinion. Of course I have one and will tell it later.

I can't help but join into this sideshow! Gang, you Knoxville parent are getting your first taste of the snake oil show that is Club Volleyball. We went thru it a little over ten years ago and Chattanooga shortly after that. You are ALL BEING PLAYED. This is OLD NEWS.

Nashville had our own pair of Jays who came with a club called Impact, you've heard of it. Everything was fine and dandy while there was just one club, and it did what club should do, let the kids work on individual skills in the offseason, and let colleges see the girls at tourneys. Club helped Brentwood become a state power and made me a college player. Our parents could afford to pay for club, it wasnt cheap back then either, and Brentwood benefited.

Guess what happened next? Our Jay and Jay got involved. They were slick, just like your Jay and Tom.

First, they tear down the high school coaches. Knoxville, have you heard this? If you want to play D1 you have to play for our club. Don't play high school, play club. Our club is better than their club. I have coached this that the other, just never at a college or competitive high school. It just takes time and MONEY.

They then get parents with money and influence to have themselves hired at affluent high schools. Brentwood, the privates, etc. they use these money trees to fund their own clubs. It's good for a couple of years, but since they have no idea how to really coach it implodes. Our Jay ended Brentwoods dominance while his buddy, the other Jay destroyed Franklin. All the while making more money.

They have become a virus on athletics. Welcome to the game Knoxville. Don't be suckered. Stop it while you can. It gets worse, alot worse. I lived it. My family paid almost 100,000 for me and my two sisters, and my youngest sis got burned out after 6 years of being screamed at and lied to by a man who had no business being a coach. These leeches will suck you dry and promise you everything to get your money.

What have they REALLY ever done. If you are 6 2 and an above average athlete you will play d1 ball. Not because of club, but because you are tall. College coaches love USING club coaches because they will do anything for money, and they are not accountable to anyone.

TN has had some GREAT high school coaches. Some even work with clubs, but most do it because they are REAL coaches and they love teaching a sport they LOVE. our Jay and Jay and your Jay and Tom are not REAL coaches, and all they love is money.

Club can be great, but it can be really bad.

Edited by BruinBabe

Bruinbabe. With all due respect the people in knoxville can handle themselves. We are pretty smart people.

There is a very big need for club volleyball if your daughter wants to play at the next level. The colleges coaches hardly ever go to high school volleyball matches because (1) their season runs together and (2) high school volleyball isn't that great.

Bruinbabe thanks for the insight but WE GOT THIS

Edited by bigbluevolley

I actually do think that adding a third club was a good idea.  Unfortunately I don't think ALL of them will survive.  I think that Phoenix has really suffered but competition is what it is and there is a such thing as free enterprise.  I think that K2 and KVA are totally different clubs.  It's more about what you want for your child and what you want your child to get out of it.  Coaching is totally different club to club, family involvement is totally different, the level of play is even different.  It comes down to YOUR child. Talk to parents from both clubs, ask the coaches questions.  Most importantly go and watch them in action.  Maybe you don't want to practice 2 a days. Maybe you don't want your child yelled at.  Maybe you want her to play on a high level, or start out on a lower level. Maybe you want to be as involved as possible or maybe you would like your child to travel and practice with no parent involvement.  It totally depends on what's best for your family.

Bruinbabe, I don't know what happened in Nashville, but did the coaches there have club experience with the top clubs in the country?  Did they come into Nashville with national championships?  Did they actually study around the world with some of the greatest coaches there are? I'm sure there are some similarities but there are some differences.  Like, neither Tom or J want to coach high school.  Plus, I know how much the coaches get paid here. It can't be the money. No thanks.  In Nashville that may be a different story. I do agree that all coaches aren't for everyone.  That's why it's good that there are other options.