Club volleyball in knoxville

bigbluevolley

I was just told by a friend of mine that K2 has an established scholarship fund to help anyone that can't afford the total price. These girls are not playing for free. Who are we to say if the parents can or can not afford the club fees? They also informed me that there is no way in %$#& that the K2 directors recruited anyone. They said that the directors don't even go to high school games in the area let alone other areas. They actually said (and I quote) "the thought of J Hames recruiting girls for his club is hilarious".

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I jump in since no one has. My daughters team didn't play but here is what I know. Both K2 and KVA were at the same tournament. Mideast Power League in louisville. The k2 18-1 team did really well their first day and went 2-1. This put them against one of the top 5 teams in the country (munciana) on Sunday. They went 0-2 on Sunday. This means that they finished in the top tier of their pools and so they will be playing tough teams next power league. The K2 17-1 team went 2-1 on Saturday and went 1-1 on Sunday. This means that they will also be in the top brackets for the nest power league.

The KVA 17-1 team went 1-2 on Saturday and 2-0 on Sunday. Since they went 1-2 on Saturday this puts them in the lower bracket for the next power league. They will play much easier teams and should win most of their matches that weekend.

I do not know about this weekend. None of the K2 elite teams went anywhere.

VBinsider, not sure how inside you are but if you bet that the girls from choo choo went to K2 because they were recruited by the coaches and for cost you would definitely lose. None were recruited by the coaches and none went because it was free. Your welcome for clarifying that for everyone commenting on this topic. 

I jump in since no one has. My daughters team didn't play but here is what I know. Both K2 and KVA were at the same tournament. Mideast Power League in louisville. The k2 18-1 team did really well their first day and went 2-1. This put them against one of the top 5 teams in the country (munciana) on Sunday. They went 0-2 on Sunday. This means that they finished in the top tier of their pools and so they will be playing tough teams next power league. The K2 17-1 team went 2-1 on Saturday and went 1-1 on Sunday. This means that they will also be in the top brackets for the nest power league.

The KVA 17-1 team went 1-2 on Saturday and 2-0 on Sunday. Since they went 1-2 on Saturday this puts them in the lower bracket for the next power league. They will play much easier teams and should win most of their matches that weekend.

I do not know about this weekend. None of the K2 elite teams went anywhere.

Phill

The K2 teams will be missing the next power league event due to the fact that they will be participating in the Wilderness tournement that is put on by K2.  I believe this will knock them out of the chance for playing for the power league championship due to lack of points or somthing like that.

Sucks but you got to represent at your own tourney.  Hope all East TN teams do well this weekend where ever they are.

The Icebreaker used to be one of the best tournaments in the south.  It has gotten weaker though the last couple of years.  I dont blame A5 for not sending their top teams.  I wouldnt have sent K2's top teams to the wilderness either though.  The MEPL would have been much better for them. 

The season is just beginning.  Everyone will find their nitch soon enough.

Club  K2 has to send their top teams to wilderness. When you have teams like NKYVC and A5 sending some of their 1 teams then you are obligated to give them good competition. Our team didn't have a choice. The competition that we encountered was just as good as what we would have gotten at the power league. The owner of the power league understood our problem and they are working it out so it doesn't happen next year.

The icebreaker might have been good a while ago, but it's terrible now. No team from Knoxville should be there. It's like playing in club instead of power. Not even worth going there to scrimmage.

The best thing the Knoxville volleyball community could do is scrimmage with each other. KVA and K2 should scrimmage. Guarenteed that will not happen. Dave would NEVER do it. K2 would do it in a heart beat, because it's good for the girls.

There just aren't many good SRVA tournaments with high competition.

When you are required to play 2 SRVA in order to play at regionals you get what you get.

I know K2 doesn't play regionals and thats their decision. Thats why having 2 clubs is beneficial for everyone.

Wilderness Elite may have had some decent teams in lower ages but the 18s division wasn't competition enough. NKYVC was there, but that is all. Wasn't there a 25-3 game? In the Elite tournament?

Its harder and harder to find competition in the older ages period, without going outside the region.

Its funny you brought that up.  Dave contacted K2 to set up scimmages a couple of months ago.  Chris seemed fine with it but never answered the phone again when Dave called.  He had plans of sending several teams to the K2 tournaments, but after K2 would not answer his calls, he chose to not participate. 

Several of us parents could not understand why pride and ego got in the way of PR not attending the K2 tournaments.  They would have kept costs down, been good competition for the teams, and allowed grandparents and friends to see the girls play.  But PR would have nothing to do with it. 

When KVA was started, most of us did not want to be the same way as PR and actually expected to play in the 2 K2 tournaments.  But K2 did not want us there. 

Get your facts straight.  We have been around the club scene in Knoxville a lot longer than you.