Club volleyball in knoxville

bigbluevolley

Knoxdoyle....You are pretty straight forward. can you give us an update on KVA? We get updates on K2 all the time. Someone said a lot of KVA teams went to the Indy tournament. Can you let us know how it went? Also we would love to hear how the recruiting is going for both clubs. Especially the 17 and 18 teams. Who is getting recruited by who etc etc.

I said knox doyle but anyone that has the information can post. I just don't want to start our club is better than your club thing.

Yes, KVA had 5 teams go to Indy.

I'm not sure about all the teams and how they did. I know the 16RedA and 15Red started off low in the rankings for Open Division, I think they both finished around the same as they went in.

The 17Red team finished 33rd. Started at 36th in Open division so went up a few. They played great all weekend. It was the best competition they had seen yet, even including the Mid East power League.

They played teams from Dallas, Arizona, and Pennsylvania, it was great to play other regions.

As far as recruiting goes, I really had no idea until joining KVA how it all worked. I know every girl on the 17 team has been contacted by schools. No one has committed anywhere yet. The 17s coach Mincey, having been a college coach has resumes and business cards on each player that she has at each game so that has been a wonderful system. KVA created resumes for any player 15 and up who wanted something to hand out or send to coaches, and Coach Mincey is helping any girl no matter the team with recruiting.

I know a few of the 16s have had coaches show interest in them and are in contact with the director and her. Most of the 18 team is actually 17 year olds. One 18 year old had already committed before this season began.

We all head to Big South in 2 weeks. Its the largest qualifier ever with 170 courts so should be more tough competition.

A5 won the 17 open division at Indy, so that helps us at Big south and Regionals with a chance for a bid for nationals as long as we keep playing hard.

• 1 month later...

I put this in the wrong topic. Let's try this again.

Since club season is done for the majority of KVA teams and the K2 teams have some tournaments left (not many). How did things go this year with your clubs? Did your team underachieve or overachieve? Did your club operate as advertised? How about recruiting? Did it go as expected for your daughter? Let's hear what you have to say. I'm sure the directors will be reading.