Club volleyball in knoxville

bigbluevolley

Neither of the 2 K2 tournaments have been good for "elite" teams.  Good teams will blow by everyone all day Saturday and up until the semis or finals on Sunday.  NKYVC is really good and so is one or two of the Carolina teams, but it is not enough to waste the whole weekend.  If A5 sees a weak list of teams, it doesnt bother them at all to not participate.  They go where the competition is.  Same thing with MAVA, KIVA, etc.

Knoxd  thats true.

Hardangle  not sure where you are coming from. I do think what you can get from this topic is that the 2 clubs in our town are good for everyone. It gives all the girls a chance to play in the atmosphere that they want.

Not all club coaches are good. Not all high school coaches are good. Well most high school coaches in this area are very bad. Notice I said most. If you want to go there then post in the correct topic and i'll go there with you..lol

I like some High school coaches. I like the ones that can coach Volleyball. The problem is most of them can't coach. Not getting into the coaching stuff on this thread. There is a thread we can talk about this on. This isn't it.

ORCAT This thread is entitled "Club Volleyball in Knoxville". Nothing about high school.

Start a thread on it and I'll go there with you..

• 2 weeks later...

I recently attended a blocking clinic at a KVA center. I saw it advertised. A former Carson-Newman player Nikki James was conducting it. My daughter is just becoming interested in vb. I stayed and listened. Wanted to pass along it was informative but more impressionable was after the clinic i talked with the player. She led the nation in blocks one year at CN and was 2nd in nation another year. She mentioned she got to be a part of a team that went to top 32 in nation 2 seasons under Coach Mincey who used to coach at CN ( who was there also at the clinic) When i asked her a question she said yes mam. What coach does that anymore. What i felt was great is that a young female former decorated athlete is mentoring to these young girls in a respectful way. She mentioned she and Coach Mincey were helping coach a team. Something different about her demeanor. Im hopeful that my daughter can play for a impressionable female coach. Ive just read many posts on here and feel its everyones desire!

• Upvote 1

I recently attended a blocking clinic at a KVA center. I saw it advertised. A former Carson-Newman player Nikki James was conducting it. My daughter is just becoming interested in vb. I stayed and listened. Wanted to pass along it was informative but more impressionable was after the clinic i talked with the player. She led the nation in blocks one year at CN and was 2nd in nation another year. She mentioned she got to be a part of a team that went to top 32 in nation 2 seasons under Coach Mincey who used to coach at CN ( who was there also at the clinic) When i asked her a question she said yes mam. What coach does that anymore. What i felt was great is that a young female former decorated athlete is mentoring to these young girls in a respectful way. She mentioned she and Coach Mincey were helping coach a team. Something different about her demeanor. Im hopeful that my daughter can play for a impressionable female coach. Ive just read many posts on here and feel its everyones desire!