Club volleyball in knoxville

bigbluevolley

I agree with spike. We are not anti anyone. I would also like to hear from the KVA and Pheonix rising people on how things are going. After all this is for the girls. I hope every girl in our city that wants to play volleyball does play and has fun doing it. My daughter is and all of her teammates are. I hope all the clubs stay open so all the girls have a chance to play volleyball.

Only positive things about our club from me. That's what ill be posting. Wish others would too about their club.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS GOING TO LOUISVILLE FROM KNOXVILLE!!

I'm sensing some great stuff here. Love the thught of everone just posting stuff about their club instead of talking bad about the other. I'm gonna hold you to that.

That's pretty cool that those coaches are coming to little ole knoxville to watch volleyball practice. Hasn't happened here as long as I've been reading about volleyball.

The Blue Grass tournament had 80+ teams registered over the max and had to cut. They decided who they would accept and who they wouldn't by their own set of guidelines. Not by who registered and paid first. The KVA 18Red and 16RedV were not accepted at all.  Other ages were put in divisions they did not registered for. (ex. 15Red registered for open, and were placed in Club) The guidelines included rankings from previous years and number of teams per club registered. This is where being a new club hurt placement.  Luckily the Indy Qualifier is first come first served so they all were accepted in the division they registered for.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a GREAT tournament in Indy. The K2 15 elite finished tied for 5th in open division. Played some great teams. Now the girls have a well deserved week off!!!

A lot of KVA teams were there as well. I think they had about 5 or 6  teams. Not sure how any of them finished. There's plenty of parents on this board that can give us an update.

Edited by PhillyAl

I called a friend of mine in Indianapolis to see if he could secure me 6 tickets for the UT basketball game on Friday. His daughter plays volleyball and they were at the Indianapolis tournament over the weekend. He said he was looking at this court that was packed with coaches and walked over. He was surprised to see that it was a knoxville team the coaches were watching. He is originally from here so he watched the whole match. He said every major coach in the country was watching that match. His comment was "you guys must have something going on down there in KTOWN". So congratulations to the 15 team from K2 they must be doing something right.

Don't know if any poster here have girls on that team but if you do that is great!!

I don't have a dog in this race...don't even live in Knoxville, but I have watched the K2 15 Elite team play and I can tell you that they are the real deal.  There are some great players on that team and to be 14 and 15 years of age, that blew me away.  They are very well coached and very disciplined.  I was talking to one of the parents at an earlier in the year tournament and we were discussing their practice schedule.....wow.  Let's just all hope that these girls don't get seriously injured working out and practicing as much as they do.  I am a firm believer that in over working joints and muscle groups that can lead to injuries and tears.  Good luck to them!  I will be following them in the future.  I felt like almost all the girls on the team were future Div 1 players.