McCurry is gone

tistheseason

No, no deeper. The tumor removed himself before he had to face the music. Problem is, for this one, the music will play for a LONG, LONG, LONG TIME!

Now that that Hargis man mentioned it on that radio show you'll see now that it is going deeper. They have racist comments by McCurry.  A school in the north cancelled the rest of their season after someone painted racist remarks on the wall.  He was also encouraging players to hurt Lankford and other opponents as well.  That is worse than the spray paint, even the NFL thinks so.  Look at what they are doing to people caught bounty hunting in the league.  I have no way of knowing if it is true but I did hear that he was wanting kids to use foreign objects to accomplish this task

I agree, but these days, coaches move around more than the stud athletes do, and they are under constant pressure to produce winning seasons.  That doesn't mean that I condone any of this crap, just making an observation.  Just lots of hypocrisy on these boards and people acting like theirs don't stink.  Everybody's stinks.

true

This comes as no surprise to me. From knowing Mack over the years, I thought he might be able to salvage his career when he returned to TN but instead this might have been where he ended it. He does know football but his "impressive" record was accomplished by playing a easy schedule for the majority of those years. But having said that, I have some folk in AL that are saying other wise about Mac's career being over just yet. Plus, I know how much them Cheifs love winning. So I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him on the sidelines wearing red black and white next year. Now as far as the big picture goes, this isn't the worst thing that has ever happened before when it comes to this rivalry by far. I remember clearly through the 80's and mid 90's these teams meeting up in the parking lot of what is now the food lion in SP on the Thursday night and brawling. Some of these also took place in good ole kimball too. Only to turn around the next night and play a football game between each other. Trust me there have been harsher "pranks" done to both schools by one another in the past. Heck I'm sure old pirate and some of those other old fellas from SP and MC folks can agree about that. Yes it had vulgar language and it was done by coaches but it was spray paint. What made this a big deal is the accusing of SP students being the culprits of all this. Then you add that to social media and the SOFT society we live in today and you get this hot stinking mess. Before anybody try's to put words in my mouth I'm not saying this incident is ok, it was definitely wrong and hopefully justice will be served to those who committed the poor actions. Also, I find it quite hilarious that the posters from SP are even talking about how coaches are supposed to be a role model and that jazz. Anybody that is in the "talk" of the valley knows some of your prior coaches wasn't the golden child's you perceive them to be. Some of you took the rose colored glasses off and seen it while others chose not to. They may have been able to slide by with some of their actions but if they keep it up they will fall right in with a man that used to stand on the opposing sideline with the initials of KC. On top of that both of these programs have had problems throughout recent history with their win at all cost attitudes. Grider dressed a player that didn't have the grades in the early 2000's. In the 90's Marion recruited kids from all over the area during their run and any successful year they have had since then before Mac arrived. Before SP went to the state in 07, I heard from a reliable source that several key players for SP were involved in a fight the morning of the state game but still played anyways. That was alright in the 80's and 90's but in today's society they would have usually been punished. I'm old school so them getting to play was no big deal to me. That are the few that come to my old noggin right now. But both of these programs have rich traditions and history which is why these things stay hush hush. This goes on all across the US in every small town that eats, sleeps, and breathes football. That's just the way things are. Unfortunately the actions of few have put a black eye on the MC program. I hope they can bounce back and continue their success from recent years. And good luck to SP in the playoffs as well. I know many a people of the purple and white, and the orange and black. Been fortunate enough to watch 40 plus years of this rivalry and am looking forward to the games in the future.

I am calling you out on your Grider comment because you are peddling bovine dung.  The year was 2000 and Grider put a Freshman in 2 games for less than 5 minutes.  He had a letter from the TSSAA.  When he found out the letter wasn't authentic, he self reported and forfeited those 2 games. 

Furthermore breaking and entry and opposing schools isn't the norm for game prep. Neither is planning to injure other players. 

Edited by rlh

The McCurry resume

Goal as head Coach to win a State Championship

Moore County- shambles

Marshall County- wrecked

Ripley Miss- Destroyed

Lakeview HS- Left after one game.Bailed on the kids

Relieved of his duties as Crockett County Coach 2 months after being hired.

Signal Mnt- Recruiting scandal...1 year

Marion County-resigned after Scandal

Get your facts straight after he left Moore Co the next year they went to the blue cross bowl so they shambled themselves.In Marshall he was forced out because he rubbed the $ folks wrong by not playing their QB.

ST, OP said towards Nashvegas. But yea cousin Elmer and his skillet slinger Gertie. Least ways theys went window shopping at one of then big malls and Elmer was wearing a black SP sweatshirt he bought several years ago and thought he was about to have to start signing autographs. Them folkes was reportedly jest coming up to him and a talking something furious. Recon us SP is a right popular these days thanks to the kinfolkes hard work! LOPAO.......yep, recon so.....

You popular for CORNBREAD and exit player turning on SP..

I love football especially here in the Sequachee Valley but darn this goes way beyond football and its as if we have lost all our morals. I'm a Pirate guy but I live in jasper and probably have family members on at least 4 local schools and we are all saddened by this. I went from mad to disgusted now hearing my city's name and my school on national news I'm just sad. I just wish these young men had the spine to tell this so called head coach where to go.

It's tough for the kids and the football program.  Jasper had climbed out of a deep dark hole and was respectable again. This is a huge setback.  Let this be a lesson to all of us who coach... lead by example, teach fundamentals, and don't do stupid things in hopes of motivating players. Head coaches can't always control what their assistant coaches do but we are responsible for their actions when it effects our programs or draws unnecessary and negative attention to them.   Hopefully, the next guy will right the ship and point them in the right direction.