Privates in Class AAA

NotNoahHouck

What's your thoughts on the idea of a private school wanting to play Division 1 sports play in Class AAA (5A for DII-A and 6A for DII-AA) the TSSAA hasn't shown anything that even makes this a possibility, as far as I know of, just a hypothetical question

private schools already play D1. They just play in the lower classifications. Once their school reaches a certain size and the multiplier puts them in a class larger than AAA playoffs they move to D1 because all the advantages they have dont mean as much when they're facing larger schools.

private schools already play D1. They just play in the lower classifications. Once their school reaches a certain size and the multiplier puts them in a class larger than AAA playoffs they move to D1 because all the advantages they have dont mean as much when they're facing larger schools.

I'm aware there are private in division 1 and that they're in the lower classes that's why I suggested them in AAA. If they wanna play division 1 sports them why not put them up with the biggest

I'm aware there are private in division 1 and that they're in the lower classes that's why I suggested them in AAA. If they wanna play division 1 sports them why not put them up with the biggest

I agree! what I'm saying is the reason theres not any in the higher classes is because they choose to go D2 once they are too big to play with the small publics. Their advantages go away once the get so large.

I agree! what I'm saying is the reason theres not any in the higher classes is because they choose to go D2 once they are too big to play with the small publics. Their advantages go away once the get so large.

You are spot-on eagle. In the west there are enough small privates in a relatively small area(Jackson) to compete with anyone if they consolidated...not beneficial to their goal of a state championship however. JCS, USJ, and Sacred Heart have all flip flopped between public and private divisions, with JCS recently switching from DII to DI with scholarship players still on their roster(how is that fair?), and TCA maintaining their DI status. They have collectively cherry picked players from a large radius of public schools, while limiting enrollments to stay in 1A and competing with publics for division/region titles. If fairness has anything to do with what T.S.S.A.A. stands for something has to shift in the public's favor.

I am not sure the D1 6A schools want to play MBA, Ensworth, MUS, etc... every week.  Be careful what you ask for because it would make scheduling much easier for the D2AA schools to join D16A.

I dont think Privates and Publics should compete for championship at any level. They are too different in so many ways! However I would like to see those schools you mentioned play teams like Maryville , Fulton , Hendersonville , etc. in the regular season.