Fulton vs Catholic

Bill4volz

What is the Word on Rollins-Davis ? Hope the Young man is able to Play , good luck to both teams ... Most Maryville fans I know are Football nuts so ya we do keep up with more than just Maryville ... lol

Would Love to see an East TN sweep this year , wow that would be AWESOME !!

I believe we will get them all except the ensworth bowl of course.

I suspect your son plays the game the way it should be played.  I'm aware that 28 is a transfer.  If anybody didn't know who he is, the News Sentinel reminds us just about every week that he's the son of a UT coach.  And I'm not basing my observations on what I could hear from the stands, which wasn't much, but what I visually saw from the stands--which was quite a bit of taunting at the end of plays--and what was reported to me by my son, a three-year starter who has seen and heard plenty of trash talk, and some of his teammates, who all reported that 28 was one of the most obnoxious they've played against.

I don't think he is an accurate representation of the typical Irish athlete. Your opinion of him isn't nearly as high as his is. Enough said.

IrishBBall… long time no smack! Haven't seen Catholic play since the realignment debacle. Are you all still bringing your harry-legged and armpit-braiding bagpipe lady to the games? What about the screaming and heckling nuns that usually post up on the fence line? Looking forward to reliving some of the memories of one of 3A's best series. Just keep old harry legs on the track and don't let her graze on our Bermuda.  

Go Falcons!

IrishBBall… long time no smack! Haven't seen Catholic play since the realignment debacle. Are you all still bringing your harry-legged and armpit-braiding bagpipe lady to the games? What about the screaming and heckling nuns that usually post up on the fence line? Looking forward to reliving some of the memories of one of 3A's best series. Just keep old harry legs on the track and don't let her graze on our Bermuda.

Go Falcons!

Not quite sure if this game can match the competitiveness of those past battles, but the boys will play hard and give everything they have. Fulton is so explosive and you have something our boys are learning and gaining each week, experience. The Irish start and play a lot of kids that either didn't play last year as back ups, transferred in, or where in middle school last year at this time. As for the bagpipe lady and the nuns: you'll have to see for yourself on Friday.

Go Falcons!

Ah, the good old days. I don't think we quite as strong as we once were. Our award winning bagpiper has slimmed down and lost her taste for grass as we have switched to artificial turf. Since St. Mary's has become Tennova, we have lost our film observation post. It has been taken away even though your friends from Greeneville must not have gotten the memo. We just hope to keep it close and avoid the sinkholes and sunburn from all those light bulbs on the scoreboard.

We are counting on Touchdown Tennova to smile down from the hill much like our big brothers in South Bend. The nuns should be out in full force but aren't as lean and mean as in the past. The Pope has mandated a kinder, gentler outlook in their ministry. Since they lost their rulers, their power has diminished but aren't above using any tools at their disposal for an Irish win.

A note to newbie Irish fans....don't fall for the $10 parking spots or the valet parking. Go Irish and don't eat too much poultry on Thursday..there's more to come Friday!

Edited by IrishBBall
  • Upvote 1