Lewis County @ CPA

coachrus

LC owned the stadium for about 3 and a half quarters.

Yeah to bad the CPA owned the refs lol Our boys gave CPA all they wanted and then some. All I will say is worst officiating I have EVER seen and I have seen tons of Football Game that is all I will say and all the people that came there to watch LC give them a beating can chime in cause everyone saw it . FAIRVIEW , HC and Whoever else was there But LC was represented tonight and BOYS I love all you guys and you have nothing to be ashamed of because you brought it tonight. COACH SHARP and ALL the Other Coaches GREAT SEASON !

Yeah to bad the CPA owned the refs lol Our boys gave CPA all they wanted and then some. All I will say is worst officiating I have EVER seen and I have seen tons of Football Game that is all I will say and all the people that came there to watch LC give them a beating can chime in cause everyone saw it .

All part of that secret plan we have!

• Upvote 1

Lots of credit to Lewis Co. Tonight for great execution of the their Wing T offense and for a great gameplan. They came ready to play and for 3 quarters it looked like it was their night. CPA turned the ball over early with only their 4th lost fumble on the year. And Lewis Co played keep away from CPA's offense most of the night with their methodical Wing T attack.

Lewis Co won the time of possession 32:38 to 15:22 and it looked like they were headed for a win after they scored a TD to start the 4 Qtr and took an 8 point lead at 22-14

But the turning point of the game was a blocked extra point to hold the lead at only one possession and at 8 points. Up to that point CPA had only run 3 plays in the 3rd quarter and punted. But now in the 4 qtr their offense came alive.

CPA got a good return on the ensuing KO and then went back to their power running game. CPA went 55 yards in just 5 plays capped off by a Jay Hockaday 3 yard touchdown run. CPA converted a 2 pt conversion and just like that they tied the game at 22. By that time a stunned CPA crowd got loud and got behind their team and momentum had swung decidedly to CPA's favor.

CPA forced Lewis Co to punt on the next possession and a short kick gave CPA the ball at their own 44 yard line. This time the CPA offense went 56 yards in just six plays with Zack Weatherly hitting a wide open Thonas Richard on a 37 yard pass for the score. That TD put CPA up 7 with 5:53 remaining. Up to the point Lewis Co had done a great job defending Richard on mulriple passes thrown his way but the Lewis Co safety was fooled by the play action on that play allowing Richard to slip all alone behind the defense for the easy score.

The CPA defense once again came up big and held Lewis Co to a turnover on downs deep in their own territory when Paul Adams deflected Brennan Holt's pass on 4th down. Max Pressley scored on the very next play from 27 yards out putting the Lions up 14 points after JR Osborn's xp.

At this point CPA was up 14 points with 4:14 left to play. And Because of the time consuming style of offense that Lewis Co runs they had a tall task of coming from behind two scores with only 1 timeout left. To their credit they were able to drive 70 yards in 9 plays and cut the lead to 8 with just 1:22 left in the game. But Once again the XP was blocked. CPA was able to recover the ensuing onside kick and after making a first down was able to run out the clock for the victory and a birth to the 3A State Championship game vs Alcoa.

Lewis Co has a great team and brought a huge crowd to the game. Much respect goes to those guys for a hard fought game. As excited as I was for CPA to get the win, I hated seeing those seniors for Lewis Co lose their last game.

I do want to give the CPA offensive line a huge amount of credit as they opened huge holes all night for Chance Meier and Max Pressley. Pressley!s fresh legs in the 4th quarter were the difference as he had 90 yards on just 9 carries while Chance Meier had 92 yards 12 carries.

CPA was more balanced on offense and was able to run a fast tempo at times and keep the Lewis Co defense off balance. Despite the lopsided time of possession CPA was able to win the total yards 326 - 310.

Ultimately CPA won the game by coming up with critical stops on defense in the 4th quarter and by making the big run or big pass play when they absolutely needed it.

CPA has a huge task ahead of them next Friday in Cookeville but was able to celebrate the victory tonight before heading back to the film room to study Alcoa tomorrow.

Edited by coach77

Yeah to bad the CPA owned the refs lol Our boys gave CPA all they wanted and then some. All I will say is worst officiating I have EVER seen and I have seen tons of Football Game that is all I will say and all the people that came there to watch LC give them a beating can chime in cause everyone saw it . FAIRVIEW , HC and Whoever else was there But LC was represented tonight and BOYS I love all you guys and you have nothing to be ashamed of because you brought it tonight. COACH SHARP and ALL the Other Coaches GREAT SEASON !

I'll agree. I'm sure there were missed calls both ways. It makes no difference now. Words can't even express how proud I am to be a Panther not only for this football team, but the way this community represented itself tonight. Outstanding. It would've been nice to come out with a win, and I know these guys are heart broken, I am too a little to tell the truth, but there's absolutely nothing to hang our heads about. Splendid job fellas.