Ricky Bowers Ejected

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

I know Ricky got ejected at the end of the game tonight. I was wondering what he did to get ejected? I saw where there was pushing and shoving with 2 seconds to go in the game and the refs called it .  There is video that shows he got ejected just can't tell what he said to the ref.

I'm rewatching our game video right now. Bowers and the official both had their hands on each other, but it doesn't appear violent. Maybe something was said.

Edited by WesVLT

Gotca, Heard something in the video from bowers regarding that his player got shoved? Can you tell what he saids to the ref in the video because i can't tell.Congrats on a good season Brentwood.

It's our game video shot from up top, so the only words are my commentary. I have no idea what was said; I can tell you that the video from the Nashville Fox affiliate was shot a good two minutes after the exchange that drew the flag.

You have to listen closely to the Fox video.

The ref says "you bumped me" or "you are bumping me"

Ricky says "I am trying to get through !"

The the ref does his best baseball style ejection (something I have never seen on a football field)

Where the ref is screwed here is the video. In most instances the TSSAA would take the word of the official and back them up.

I don't see any bumping. I think Ricky was trying to get past the ref who was in his face. Did he touch the ref ? Probably. But I would bet the ref was touching him too.

Disclaimer - I am not a Ricky or Ensworth fan.

This ref should be suspended.

Edited by JohnJacob

Another important fact - the official told Bowers that would not be coaching next week. That is the TSSAA's job, not the ref's. That was way way out of bounds and they have it on tape. The ref's job is to maintain control, interpet the rules, and move on. This just shows he had it in for Bowers and knew exactly what he was doing. 

You have to listen closely to the Fox video.

The ref says "you bumped me" or "you are bumping me"

Ricky says "I am trying to get through !"

The the ref does his best baseball style ejection (something I have never seen on a football field)

Where the ref is screwed here is the video. In most instances the TSSAA would take the word of the official and back them up.

I don't see any bumping. I think Ricky was trying to get past the ref who was in his face. Did he touch the ref ? Probably. But I would bet the ref was touching him too.

Disclaimer - I am not a Ricky or Ensworth fan.

This ref should be suspended.

There was mutual physical contact in our video, initiated by the ref. Not violent, but pretty clear. Neither probably behaved in a manner they would typically endorse.

Another important fact - the official told Bowers that would not be coaching next week. That is the TSSAA's job, not the ref's. That was way way out of bounds and they have it on tape. The ref's job is to maintain control, interpet the rules, and move on. This just shows he had it in for Bowers and knew exactly what he was doing. 

In the playoff you have neutral officials so saying he had it out for Ricky is a little over board.  Don't know where they were from but a good bet they hadn't had a Ensworth game during the year.

I think a review of the game film would provide ample support that the official's action were odd the whole game.  On several occasions, he sent Ensworth kids off the field for shirt tails being untucked while the Brentwood Academy players were not sent to the bench with the same issue.  His sending Ensworth's big back off the field for the shirt tail infraction on a critical 4th and 1 after he lined up in the TB spot was really odd.  I remember two penalties called on BA; one was the late hit at the end of the game, and the other was an illegal participation; there may have been more, but I do not recall them.  Ensworth was flagged in excess of 10 times with multiple holds called by the offical in question and an unsportsmanlike call following one of his holding calls that gave Ensworth a 1st and 30 at a critical point in the game.  Opinions are opinions and worth nothing, but I think his days of wearing the white hat may be done after they review his theatrics at the end of the game.  His stating that the coach will not be coaching "next week" is very peculiar; all he had to do was say "you're gone".  I think that anyone with a law degree would have a field day with that one. 

Sorry to see the Big Red lose another one to MUS, but as another poseter stated in another thread, MUS is always one of the best prepared and best coached teams in the state year in and year out.  I love the way they play, and it should be a heck of a game in Cookeville.  Congrats to the Owls and Tigers!

Roll Red Roll!

Edited by FlyBy

In the playoff you have neutral officials so saying he had it out for Ricky is a little over board.  Don't know where they were from but a good bet they hadn't had a Ensworth game during the year.

Makes no difference.  Officials designated to call an Ensworth game are "coached" in dealing with Bowers.  He has a reputation that precedes him for "pushing" the refs.  Because of his on the field successes, however, they are told to cut him a "wide path" and don't call penalties on him that lesser coaches would get called.  I think they probably resent having to cut him slack.  I'd bet - just a hunch - that at the end of the game this official was "ready to pop" and did.  Of course, doesn't "make it right."  Looks like the he overreacted.

Edited by owlbooster

Isn't it interesting how frequently Ricky Bowers ends up being THE topic on a D2 thread?

Longest running thread this year was about how Ricky & Ensworth's success had "killed TN football."  (It hasn't)  Last year it was the infamous last play TD on BA. 

Now nobody is talking about the games.  Not a word about the MBA-MUS game other than the score.  It's all about Ricky.

Edited by owlbooster