Ricky Bowers Ejected

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

the officials confirmed that he used profanity, as did his assistant. the fox video did not have the entire altercation, just the tail end of it. either way, the game was over and the coaches' should have been getting their players off the field rather than bumping and f bombing the ref's. jmo

Just a few points - the official saying Bowers used profanity - really doesn't confirm it.  The players around him that I talked to said he did not.  You are right - the Fox 17 video does not capture the entire incident.  The players I talked to were around Bowers on the sideline when the late hit occurred and this was not on the Fox 17 video.  The Fox 17 video is shot after the incident is over, the players separated, and the officials had ended the game.  The players are actually going through the line in the background shaking hands, everything had calmed down, when the official ejected Bowers.  

What if the coach assaulted the official? What about all the other coaches that were ejected and paid the fines based off a miss application of the rules? Pandora's Box for sure!!!!!!

If the coach assaulted an official after the game is over - simple, call the police and have the coach arrested for assault.  A little bit of a stretch on this point.  Not sure about the other fines, etc. in the rest of your post.

Just a few points - the official saying Bowers used profanity - really doesn't confirm it.  The players around him that I talked to said he did not.  You are right - the Fox 17 video does not capture the entire incident.  The players I talked to were around Bowers on the sideline when the late hit occurred and this was not on the Fox 17 video.  The Fox 17 video is shot after the incident is over, the players separated, and the officials had ended the game.  The players are actually going through the line in the background shaking hands, everything had calmed down, when the official ejected Bowers.  

so the official just decided to "go mental" and throw the coach out as he was being invited over for thanksgiving dinner? No provocation whatsoever?

so the official just decided to "go mental" and throw the coach out as he was being invited over for thanksgiving dinner? No provocation whatsoever?

I can't personally say what happened to cause the event in the Fox 17 News film - hard to know.  Most people at the game would probably say there was "tension" between the Ensworth sideline  and Michael Loyd (white hat) during the game.  What I am certain of is that sending Ensworth players to the sideline, after the play had been called in the huddle and the team lined up, for a jersey infraction on at least three occasions reflects something from the white hat.  One other point - very near the goal line when Ensworth was lined and attempting to score the white hat steps in, stops the play, says to number 12 for Ensworth "I am going to pretend to fix your helmet while he ties his shoe" indicating toward an Ensworth lineman.  Not sure what this was all about - but I interpret this as an attempt by the white hat to impact the game.  Strange series of events - glad that it is all over and Bowers and Wade are able to coach the 54 young men who have been working toward their goal since July.  This group of seniors is special and this game Thursday should be about them and the other young men.  - I am moving on. 

Bowers has not denied using bad language. All he denied was bumping the ref. all that really matters is the tssaa showed that refs can do whatever they want without consequences, the tssaa is weak and does not hold to their word since Childress said ensworth could not appeal, and that some coaches can get away with whatever they want because of the threat of a lawsuit or power or whatever else. All adults in this matter acted unprofessional. All have no real consequences.

Bowers has not denied using bad language. All he denied was bumping the ref. all that really matters is the tssaa showed that refs can do whatever they want without consequences, the tssaa is weak and does not hold to their word since Childress said ensworth could not appeal, and that some coaches can get away with whatever they want because of the threat of a lawsuit or power or whatever else. All adults in this matter acted unprofessional. All have no real consequences.

Innaccurate quote of the day right there.

1) Bowers HAS denied using bad language.

2) There ARE consequences for the referees if they screw up -- they won't be assigned games in the future.

3) Ensworth could not appeal an ejection under the auspices of "unsportsmanlike conduct" but is fully able to appeal an ejection made under "misapplication of the rules". The school did the LATTER.

4) At the end of the game it was the REFEREE who approached Bowers and moved into Bowers' personal space. It was as Bowers was saying, "I'm trying to get by" that the referee performed his MLB "Yer' out!" histrionics.

Innaccurate quote of the day right there.

1) Bowers HAS denied using bad language.

2) There ARE consequences for the referees if they screw up -- they won't be assigned games in the future.

3) Ensworth could not appeal an ejection under the auspices of "unsportsmanlike conduct" but is fully able to appeal an ejection made under "misapplication of the rules". The school did the LATTER.

4) At the end of the game it was the REFEREE who approached Bowers and moved into Bowers' personal space. It was as Bowers was saying, "I'm trying to get by" that the referee performed his MLB "Yer' out!" histrionics.

I believe you are exactly right....but what got under "white caps" skin was Rickey's demeanor during the game. He is known to give the refs an earful during games. Ricky probably was on edge being a rival playoff game, close score, multiple penalties, tuck in shirt blah blah blah. Instead of white cap calming Ricky down during game, he decided to let it go till the end when they met up.

He is Ricky Bowers, the arrogant little kid in school that tested other kids until he gets his butt whipped

Edited by shakinthefat

I believe you are exactly right....but what got under "white caps" skin was Rickey's demeanor during the game. He is known to give the refs an earful during games. Ricky probably was on edge being a rival playoff game, close score, multiple penalties, tuck in shirt blah blah blah. Instead of white cap calming Ricky down during game, he decided to let it go till the end when they met up.

He is Ricky Bowers, the arrogant little kid in school that tested other kids until he gets his butt whipped

Now now Jelly Belly - grade school issues still lingering?  Even if true, which I highly doubt based on the people I have talked to that knew Bowers, this is way out of line.  I think counseling would help you - this is 40 plus years ago.  Let it go man.  

Part was inaccurate bowers did deny language. Just read it in the latest article. There were no real consequences for the ref. he wasn't going to ref championship games anyway. When all of this came out tssaa said ensworth could not appeal. That was in first article. Then tssaa back pedaled and said oh they can appeal this way. Doesnt matter who approached. If bowers was trying to get by he could have moved to the side and kept walking. He chose not to. So only one of my points was inaccurate while three of yours are. You have the prize.

Part was inaccurate bowers did deny language. Just read it in the latest article. There were no real consequences for the ref. he wasn't going to ref championship games anyway. When all of this came out tssaa said ensworth could not appeal. That was in first article. Then tssaa back pedaled and said oh they can appeal this way. Doesnt matter who approached. If bowers was trying to get by he could have moved to the side and kept walking. He chose not to. So only one of my points was inaccurate while three of yours are. You have the prize.

You are deluded and sad.