Ricky Bowers Ejected

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

So to play devils advocate here with this ruling a coach can curse at an official or whatever he wants with no penalty since the officials have no jurisdiction after the game is over. Not taking sides of who was right or wrong in the altercation just putting something out for thought.

An official can file an "Unusual Incident" report over any matter he feels the TSSAA should be aware of. This includes issues that are in violation of the rules, but does not stop play or call for a game penalty (improper markings on a field, both teams in dark jerseys, etc), in-game issues (most commonly ejections), or post-game issues (fights, misconduct by players/coaches/administrators/crowd).

No doubt it was a late shove, but it could have been a lot worst. The worst broadcast crew I have ever heard. There was no risk of injury to the QB, I would have thought that the kid cut him in the back of the knee the way they were carrying on.

No risk of injury to the quarterback - not even sure where to start with this.  Other than being shoved into a concrete wall, unexpectedly, by a 6'4" 245 LB while running - sure no "risk".  The broadcast crew is two high school kids - their comments should be evaluated based on that.  

Why didn't Mr Classy's quarterback just take a knee??

None of this would have happened.

Kinda like making a late score unnecessarily huh??

I will assume from this comment that you are unable to read and comprehend the English language.  The reasons for the quarterback not taking a knee has been explained multiple times in the preceding posts.  Welcome to the party that has been over for some time now.

I believe you are exactly right....but what got under "white caps" skin was Rickey's demeanor during the game. He is known to give the refs an earful during games. Ricky probably was on edge being a rival playoff game, close score, multiple penalties, tuck in shirt blah blah blah. Instead of white cap calming Ricky down during game, he decided to let it go till the end when they met up.

He is Ricky Bowers, the arrogant little kid in school that tested other kids until he gets his butt whipped

I went to MBA with Ricky. He was competitive and showed no lack of self-confidence, but he was never arrogant. Coaches loved him because he worked incredibly hard, was highly motivated on his own, and possessed game knowledge equal to his pretty impressive physical talents. You've completely missed the mark in your assessment.

Now now Jelly Belly - grade school issues still lingering?  Even if true, which I highly doubt based on the people I have talked to that knew Bowers, this is way out of line.  I think counseling would help you - this is 40 plus years ago.  Let it go man.

Easy there Twisted Sister 1978......can you name the people you have been "talking to" or maybe it's the voices you hear.

I went to MBA with Ricky. He was competitive and showed no lack of self-confidence, but he was never arrogant. Coaches loved him because he worked incredibly hard, was highly motivated on his own, and possessed game knowledge equal to his pretty impressive physical talents. You've completely missed the mark in your assessment.

I played against Coach Ricky in HS. He was competitive, had self-confidence, and never was arrogant...that was 35 freaking years ago. People change, especially when successful which includes Coach Ricky. Multiple gold balls in basketball and footballs, your name being brought up for college basketball coaching vacancies can make you a different person than you were in HS at MBA. I've watched him from stands and bleachers now for many years, and lately he seems to me of showing an offensive attitude of superiority during games, which IMO (my assessment) is arrogant. I do agree with you KW on his work ethic, knowledge and ways to motivate 16-18 yr olds.

Edited by shakinthefat

Why didn't Mr Classy's quarterback just take a knee??

None of this would have happened.

Kinda like making a late score unnecessarily huh??

It's the job of the offense to score points and the job of the defense to stop the offense. Why should Ensworth take the blame for Brentwood Academy not having a defense that could stop the  Ensworth offense?  Why should Ensworth have someone point fingers at their program when it was the Brentwood Academy player that lost his composure and hit another player late & out of bounds?