Dumb and Dumber...An Ensworth Perspective

airstrip1

JMO, but this was the perfect storm!  It is common knowledge that Ricky & Paul ride the officials the whole game, much like a college or NFL coach.  It has been reported that the head official is a MLB minor league umpire.  Umpires at the professional level do not take any crap off players or coaches and it's acceptable behavior and even encouraged to use colorful language not found in Websters to express ones opinion.  On the last play of the game the BA player clearly hit the Ensworth player out of bounds.  It is the officials job to clean up any mess before leaving the field.  Ensworth and their staff were upset with the hit and were on the officials again.  My guess is the officials were less than happy with Ricky being on their tail and went after Ricky when he continued to run his mounth.  Tempers got the best of all involved and in some shape/form/fashion contact was made and the officials used that as an excuse to toss Ricky. 

1.  If the late hit had not taken place we would not have a problem

2.  If Ricky had been checking on his player after the late hit we would not have a problem

3.  If the officials had just told Ricky to leave and walked away we would not have a problem

4.  If the head official had not been a trained MLB umpire we would not have this problem

As for the TSSAA organization, what can you say.  You have a group of educators trying to operate a multi million dollar business that serves the public with little if any professional training. 

• Upvote 1

Agree.  And I might add that it is ludicrous, as some have done, to suggest that when the clock hit :00 that the refs should have just "walked off" the field.

I guarantee that had they done so and all pandemonium had broken loose, they would have been the first ones blamed for not establishing order.

In other situations that I've seen where there was post game theatrics it was the police or high school administrators charged with managing things.  I've never seen the officials as part of that process  because of the possibility that a fan or player might take out frustration on them.  Ludicrous is a little harsh as it seems to happen all the time and had it happened here at least one coach and official would be working next week

Everyone that is involved with this thread should, at this point, understand why the officials did not just "walk off."  They couldn't just "walk off."

The only thing I don't understand in all of this is why, if the TSSAA upheld the ejection, the official involved has been sactioned?  That makes no sense.

Huh?  maybe but the best football in the state regardless of 11 or 111 teams.  i don't disagree though that this subject matter has been beaten to death at this point 

Best football in the state?  St. Benedict 1-9, McCallie 3-7, Briarcrest 4-6, PJPII 4-6, Christian Bros. 5-5.  Whatever.  And ya'll wonder why folks think ya'll are elitists.

Just saying, in this division, you have to be better than one team to be in the Top 10, is all.

Big fish, small pond theory I guess.

The only thing I don't understand in all of this is why, if the TSSAA upheld the ejection, the official involved has been sactioned?  That makes no sense.

Yeah, this one has me scratching my head as well.  The T$$AA taking the easy way out for it to seem like they are fair.  NO.  If the ref was right, say so.  If he was wrong, say so and reverse the suspensions.  Sad.

St. Benedict is bad. Christian Brothers, while traditionally strong, was down this year -- and still beat 6A semifinalist White Station by double digits.

JPII, the worst team in DII East/Middle, beat three playoff teams from other classifications, including 4A quarterfinalist White House and 5A first-rounder Lincoln County.

Four of McCallie's losses were against the top team in Tennessee (Ensworth), the top team in Kentucky (Bowling Green) by four points, and two other teams ranked in the top 200 nationally (BA and MBA). Throw in a three-point setback against a strong 6A school (Siegel) and you've got one of the toughest schedules in Tennessee.

If you want to call this league weak, please tell your school's athletic director to schedule a DII-AA school and prove it on the field. Not many teams want to play us these days, and it isn't because the league is overrated.

Edited by WesVLT

St. Benedict is bad. Christian Brothers, while traditionally strong, was down this year. Every league has its cellar dwellers. Anyone will admit that the West region wasn't as tough as it usually is.

JPII, the worst team in DII East/Middle, beat three playoff teams from other classifications, including 4A quarterfinalist White House and 5A first-rounder Lincoln County.

Four of McCallie's losses were against the top team in Tennessee (Ensworth), the top team in Kentucky (Bowling Green) by four points, and two other teams ranked in the top 200 nationally (BA and MBA). Throw in a three-point setback against a strong 6A school (Siegel) and you've got one of the toughest schedules in Tennessee.

If you want to call this league weak, please tell your school's athletic director to schedule a DII-AA school and prove it on the field. Not many teams want to play us these days, and it isn't because the league is overrated.

Science Hill did.  How did that play out?  :roflol:

Best football in the state?  St. Benedict 1-9, McCallie 3-7, Briarcrest 4-6, PJPII 4-6, Christian Bros. 5-5.  Whatever.  And ya'll wonder why folks think ya'll are elitists.

Just saying, in this division, you have to be better than one team to be in the Top 10, is all.

Big fish, small pond theory I guess.

Yeah, you thought this one through. who do you think McCallie, CBHS etc are playing? For some reason you don't mention MUS, MBA, E-worth, BA - those 4 will beat any team you throw at them.  And your coaches know it too that's why they refuse to schedule them.  And you point to  rankings?  Good heavens, those are a joke. Why don't you go ask your local HS coach to schedule BA next yr. Cody will most certainly take the call. He gets flat out refusals from every top public pgm he calls. At least science hill said yes this yr.    

• Upvote 1