Blackman vs Maryvile Game Promo

mat73557

2011 Haven , D imo was over rated.

Whitehaven HS vs Maryville HS (Dec 03, 2011 at Cookeville, Tenn.)

Haven   Rebel Stats

FIRST DOWNS................... 11 14

Rushing.....................          5        9

Passing.....................          6        5

Penalty.....................           0        0

NET YARDS RUSHING............. 79 113

Rushing Attempts............       29       43

Average Per Rush............      2.7      2.6

Rushing Touchdowns..........      0        2

Yards Gained Rushing........   130      156

Yards Lost Rushing..........       51       43

NET YARDS PASSING............. 142 117

Completions-Attempts-Int....  14-37-1   8-12-0

Average Per Attempt.........      3.8      9.8

Average Per Completion......     10.1     14.6

Passing Touchdowns..........        0        1

TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS........... 221 230

Total offense plays.........             66       55

Average Gain Per Play.......        3.3      4.2

Fumbles: Number-Lost..........      2-1      2-1

Penalties: Number-Yards.......    10-77     2-20

PUNTS-YARDS...................      5-105    5-136

Average Yards Per Punt......     21.0     27.2

Net Yards Per Punt..........         17.0     27.2

Inside 20...................                     1        0

50+ Yards...................                   0        0

Touchbacks..................                 1        0

Fair catch..................                     1        0

KICKOFFS-YARDS................    2-114    5-293

Average Yards Per Kickoff...     57.0     58.6

Net Yards Per Kickoff.......         36.0     31.6

Touchbacks..................                  1        4

Punt returns: Number-Yards-TD.    3-0-0    0-0-0

Average Per Return..........      0.0      0.0

Kickoff returns: Number-Yds-TD   1-55-0   1-22-0

Average Per Return..........              55.0     22.0

Interceptions: Number-Yds-TD..    0-0-0    1-5-0

Fumble Returns: Number-Yds-TD.   1-74-1    0-0-0

Miscellaneous Yards...........                    0        0

Possession Time...............                  20:19    27:41

1st Quarter.................                          6:04     5:56

2nd Quarter.................                         3:51     8:09

3rd Quarter.................                          4:52     7:08              

4th Quarter.................                           5:32     6:28

Third-Down Conversions........                4 of 15  4 of 11

Fourth-Down Conversions.......               2 of 5   0 of 1

Red-Zone Scores-Chances.......                0-2      2-2

Touchdowns..................                           0-2      2-2

Field goals.................                                0-2      0-2

Sacks By: Number-Yards........                    2-15     2-16

PAT Kicks.....................                               1-1      2-3

Field Goals...................                                0-1      1-1

Patton said 2011 Haven was the most athletic, most physical and fastest defense Maryville had played. GQ said individually, they were better than us at a lot of places and it would be hard to beat them several times unlike beating them once in a championship game. He said we had trouble moving it and had to use double passes and brought all of our plays out to win. It looked like that was what we had to do again v Blackman's D.

As good as Haven's 2011Defense was.... (I'd rank them 1st and Blackman's defense a close 2nd in best defenses we have played against) Maryville's 2011 defense was hands down better than both and our 2013 offense has shown to be the best Maryville scoring offense.

Turn overs and penalties are about the same with Maryville only being penalized for 20/24 yards in both games and Haven/Blackman penalized for 77/63 yards. Discipline and composure is huge in these big games.

The two bad punts for Haven are basically the same as a turnover. Particularly, the negative yard punt, followed by another one we scored off from and the 1 int in the red zone, compared to the 3 int's for Blackman, one also in the red zone, coupled with all of those yards lost in penalties were too big to overcome.

Blackman                                   Maryville

1st Downs                          19                          18

rushes-yards               39-227                    35-158

passing                                 121                      176

comp-att-int                         8-24-3                   17-19-0

punts                                    2-35.5                    3-40.6

fumbles-lost                             3-0                     1-0

penalties-yards                     11-63                      4-24

Edited by Pancakes

I will put him on my prayer list and pray for him this week. I have enjoyed watching him and I sure hope he plays Saturday night.

X Rays and Doc say no go... it will do significant further damage if he dresses and will fracture. Can't get on toes at all right now. 4 weeks to heal and in a boot.

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope the best for him and that he heals quickly.

Thank you. I looked at his highlight film as we are going to make a disk for him to keep. Injuries had him sidelined most of the games. Combining all of the snaps that he was actually playing on the field, he only played 2.5 games total this season. In 2.5 games or 10 quarters of football he had 21 knockdown domination blocks and he never played at 100% this year. That is what I'm most proud of... It's hard for an O lineman to do that when playing a full season.

Every opportunity that he got, he was physical and made the most of it. Most of those were recorded so it will make a nice memory. We knew he wouldn't line up against anyone stronger than him due to his training. It would have been nice to see him healthy and physical for a whole season and how it would have helped the team.

GQ always says don't let this be the most important thing in your life and while it was a huge commitment it isn't the most important. ie he has an orchestra concert tonight as a violoist, got accepted into The University of Tennessee's College of Engineering for next fall. A lot of life lessons from all of this for sure that will help in life. The team should be fine at State.