District 9AAA

BigBoy10

Yeah but they have lost 3 close ones. They seem to be competing in every game from the scores I've seen but can't get over the hump. Its a long season.

It seems from the box scores that Mt Juliet is head and shoulders above the rest in this district with a big win over Columbia last week. Hendersonville, Beech and Wilson Central all seem to be about even. Gallatin seems to be much improved but got blown out against Rossview early in the season. Station Camp lost a ton and is very young. Portland likely rounding out the bottom third.

So based off score watching (I haven't seen any of them in person) I would rank them:

1 MJ

2 Hendersonville

3 Beech

4 Gallatin

5 WC

6 Lebanon

7 SC

8 Portland

Thoughts?

Should be interesting this year,  I think Central may do a little better than predicted.  They have a few freshmen capable of playing (future looks really bright with some in pipeline there).  Lebanon has some youth in the mix, but not sure who they lost this season to Lancaster.  I hadn't heard that.  It will be interesting to see Hendersonville with Hatfield.  MJ twins should be fun to watch.  Station Camp will no doubt be rebuilding some.

Early but thinking it may fall like this:

1.  MJ

2.  H-ville

3.  Wilson Central

4.  Lebanon

5.  Beech

6.  Gallatin

7.  Station Camp

8.  Portland

• 2 weeks later...

MJ plays Hendersonville on Jan 7th. The edge goes to MJ for now.  These 2 teams should have been the favorites in 9AAA along with Beech but SC threw a wrench into that by beating the commandos. IMO, MJ will run away with this district. They are playing very well right now and their size will be difficult for most teams to deal with. Wilson Central has surprised me a little. I've seen them play a couple times this year and was initially unimpressed but they've scratched out a couple big wins already. Losing Abby Wright to Lancaster Christian has hurt Lebanon and the Blue Devils will have to wait for another year. Gallatin and Portland still looking up at the rest.