District 9AAA

BigBoy10

Tournament starts tonight! Who ya got? I think top seeds will roll tonight. Anyone heard why the Hayes girl from Hendersonville didnt play against Beech last week? My friend said she wasn't on the bench or anything. Was she sick? Injured? Discipline? Dismissal? Without her they are a much different team! Did she play vs Gallatin?

Tournament starts tonight! Who ya got? I think top seeds will roll tonight. Anyone heard why the Hayes girl from Hendersonville didnt play against Beech last week? My friend said she wasn't on the bench or anything. Was she sick? Injured? Discipline? Dismissal? Without her they are a much different team! Did she play vs Gallatin?

Hayes was either dismissed or quit. She did play the majority of the game vs. Gallatin, however, was benched for some time in the 2nd half, but did finish the game. Family members were vocal in stands and not at all happy. In the past couple years, she has been at Hawkins, Hunter, Goodpasture and now Hendersonville. I believe she will make another move. 

1st Round - Friday Scores

#1 Mt. Juliet 62 vs. #8 Portland 25

#2 Hendersonville 51 vs. #7 Station Camp 25

#3 Beech 50 vs. #6 Gallatin 31

#4 Wilson Central 39 vs. #5 Lebanon 43

2nd Round - Saturday @ Beech

#1 Mt. Juliet vs. #5 Lebanon at 4pm

#2 Hendersonville vs. #3 Beech at 7pm

Edited by TheRealTruth

Gallatin had an up and down year but, did finish with a winning record of 14-13. Farewell to 3 seniors, Chelsea Goode, Sidney Rice and De'Ebony Groves.  

Many fast, athletic returners with experience and a few underclassman that can help. Gallatin will be very guard oriented but, if they play together, they can have a very successful year next season and should be in the top 3.

Very impressed with the Mt. Juliet girls. Was able to use their size and put the game away early. McCade had outstanding game. I heard she was named MVP of District. Both DeGray sisters were named to all-district team also. I think Lady Bears can make deep run in tournaments.

Lebanon got early jump on Wilson Central and 4 for quarters was in control. Wilson Central made their run late in game but could never get closer than 3 points. WC was playing without 2 starters which had to make it difficult for them. MJ knows all about losing starters. Over the years they've had their share of injuries.

Now on to the semifinals at Beech on Saturday. MJ should be strong favorite to win title. All 4 teams do advance to Region 5 Tournament to be played at Rossview.

Very impressed with the Mt. Juliet girls. Was able to use their size and put the game away early. McCade had outstanding game. I heard she was named MVP of District. Both DeGray sisters were named to all-district team also. I think Lady Bears can make deep run in tournaments.

Lebanon got early jump on Wilson Central and 4 for quarters was in control. Wilson Central made their run late in game but could never get closer than 3 points. WC was playing without 2 starters which had to make it difficult for them. MJ knows all about losing starters. Over the years they've had their share of injuries.

Now on to the semifinals at Beech on Saturday. MJ should be strong favorite to win title. All 4 teams do advance to Region 5 Tournament to be played at Rossview.

Any way Beech pulls the upset tonite? I just dont think they have enough size.

Mt. Juliet had physical game with Lebanon Saturday night. Ron DeGray and Savannah Summers received facial injuries. Both are ok now and ready for championship game Tuesday night.

I thought MJ took control early and didn't let up.

For Beech to have a chance Baker is going to have to play out of her mind.

I just don't see it. I think it will be around a 10 to 15 game.

• Upvote 1

Sherry, I read your previous post and Gallatin is just down the road.

• 1 month later...