South Pittsburg vs Union City (Moore man vs. Bowling man)

rlh

A few posts have been made about the impact of the Junior Tornado football program.  It appears to be paying off.  The only drawback is that if some of the boys get burned out of football by high school, but so far that has not been extremely significant.  I will point out that our FB/DE and the two brothers OL/DL/LB did not play in the junior program.

I believe that our UCMS football coach deserves some recognition also for getting the boys prepared for high school football.  He's turned out some top notch middle school teams over the past few years.  Of course it's always nice to have a few athletes and strong linemen on the team.

I whole heartedly agree. UCMS' coach is a fantastic and a wonderful role model to the boys on his team.  He instills character, discipline, and certainly prepares his team for high school.  He is certainly one of the building blocks of our success.

Due to the rivalry in Marion, most kids that live in Jasper go to Marion. S. Pitt goes to S. Pitt. Not just saying that because I'm from South Pittsburg.

Marion used to be considered the Bullies of the Valley. It hasn't always been this way. Each team takes the crown for a while. BTW MC wasn't that terrible this year. They were second in the district, had a Mr. Football Finalist made it to the Playoffs. I am not sure on the overall record but when they played SP they had only lost 1 I believe. Not positive. They aren't just terrible. SP just has more athletes. Like I said MOST of the players at SP are raised there.

Where do all of the Whitwell athletes go

OC made it to the semifinals in 2011. In fact, when we played them, they beat us. Their coach at this time left last year, and a new coach took over this year. They were a powerhouse group in 2009 - 2011.

Three of their players now were wonderful football players at UCMS - two of them were named All-District players. One is a junior and the other two are sophmores.